Job description / Role
• Within the International Raw Materials Department, you will be involved in various projects related to the referencing of new innovative Raw Materials for L’Oréal group in the field of biological actives, color and functional ingredients.
• You work in close collaboration with the other raw material Managers responsible for the scouting, in order to meet our formulation laboratories expectations in terms of evaluation and industrial availability for new RM.
• As an RM manager for the assigned RM portfolio (Colorants) you shall understand the internal customer (various formulation laboratories) technical requirements and scout/develop the appropriate RM solution working with our external partners or propose solution from our existing RM portfolio.
• Develop and sustain valuable relationship with strategic suppliers to allow access to new raw materials, and identify new possible collaborations. Translate strategic directions into operational actions vis-à-vis our suppliers.
• As a true qualification project manager, you coordinate and ensure the right timing of activities from the collection of data from our suppliers to the creation of referencing files for all RM under coding.
• You will organize and lead meeting with the actors of different areas of expertise: Regulatory, Toxicology, Sustainable Development, Environment Hygiene and Safety, Quality and Purchasing, and you will participate in relaying information to the different geographic zones.
• Follow-up the consolidation of RM dossier, ensure RM can be industrialized, work closely with stakeholders such as Purchasing.
• Maximize efforts to allow transformation into significant business for both L’Oréal and supplier.
• Overall develop a vision of your activity.
• A very good knowledge of vegetal extracts, biological actives, pearls, pigments, colorants, polymer, silicone and fatty chemistry.
• Rigorous, autonomous and organized, you are able to manage different projects simultaneously.
• The ability to analyze and synthesize and are able to make strong proposals.
• You are tenacious but also pragmatic.
• You enjoy working in teams and networks.
• You have good writing competencies and oral communication skills.
• BSc-Tech, Masters or PHD in Chemistry or Polymers etc & show an appetite for the Cosmetics sector.
• You are result-oriented with Overall 2-5 years of work experience.
• Good knowledge or at least a first-hand experience in formulation, analytics or in the constitution of raw material (eg: Polymers / Silicones / Surfactants / Colorants etc as cosmetic ingredients) technical-regulatory files is also appreciated.
• You have good interpersonal and communication skills with multi-tasking ability.
• You are proactive, self-starter and able to work in an international environment in a collaborative manner.
About the Company
For more than a century, we have devoted our energy and our competencies solely to one business: beauty. We have chosen to offer our expertise in the service of women and men worldwide, meeting the infinite diversity of their beauty desires. We are committed to fulfilling this mission ethically and responsibly.