Job description / Role
Are you a confident, self-motivated, determined and ambitious professional? Do you enjoy the adrenalin rush of conquering new business and global networking?
Then we might be looking for you. We are looking for an Assistant Sales Manager to join our team in India to drive new business and work with some of the worlds’ leading global retailers, producers and brewers including but not limited to alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
In this position, the Assistant Sales Manager shall, together with the Sales Manager, execute the long-term strategic plan & goals for India, identify new business opportunities for existing and future customers, negotiate and close business deals locally and proactively assist the network to achieve businesses not controlled locally, maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions and increase sales opportunities, maximizing organization revenues.
What will you do?
• You co-translate with the Sales Manager the country’s Sales Strategy and Plan into a clear and concise plan for yourself;
• Your responsibility will be to drive sales and boost market position, ensure a growing client base with long term solid partnership by focusing on understanding and influencing current and future customer needs;
• You are able to identify and develop new business opportunities, target & convert potential clients to becoming loyal customers, building a strong sales opportunity pipeline;
• Your responsibility is also to generate and share market insights, analyze competitors actively and translate these findings to future customer needs and activities, therewith also influencing the improvement of our groups’ services portfolio;
• You will ensure impeccable relations with Operations teams to ensure it is a combined effort to serve our customers to the best of our abilities;
• Your focus on accurate, timely forecasting and reporting makes it easy for the team to keep you up to date and provide clear insights to higher management.
• You have a proven track record in the field of freight forwarding and / or shipping and / or bulk liquid transportation;
• You can show that you are able to identify and qualify opportunities and prioritize sales efforts to closing deals quickly;
• You have a nose for optimizing profitability, by cross sell or upsell, by discovering new market opportunities and are not afraid of creating them yourself;
• You understand the market and you bring a solid network with customers, suppliers and industry partners;
• You like to interact with different people and are good in creating and maintaining (customer) relationships;
• You have a strong hunting mentality and result-focus
• You are comfortable in working with CRM systems
• You speak English fluently with additional languages as an advantage
• You are flexible to travel
About the Company
The JF Hillebrand Group operates a number of highly specialised logistics companies. Regarded as leaders in their respective industries, they are at the forefront in the development of products, services and IT tools.
Working within a global logistics environment, we remain agile and adaptive to the evolving needs of the markets in which we operate to offer cost-effective and efficient solutions
We will continue to grow, through the support of our passionate, knowledgeable and experienced workforce.