Job description / Role
The Associate Principal- (Sustainability Design) is the subject matter expert on the topic of (Sustainability Design) design and is a key reference point for his team members. He is in charge of the technical aspect of the design activities of projects of medium to high complexity in K&A. He works closely with Project Managers for the review and validation of design deliverables and monitors the checking and reviews of all design phases and ensures the proper implementation of all related adjustments and revisions. The jobholder conducts design value engineering in coordination with the Project Manager and design teams. He shall stay abreast of the latest trends and developments in the (Sustainability Design/ Energy Management/Commissioning) architectural design market and represent the firm in the professional engineering community, as needed.
Internal Business Process:
• Provide subject matter expertise for technical and focused topics
• Provide sophisticated technical subject matter expertise to design teams during all stages of design delivery (concept design, schematic design, final design) in coordination with Design Managers and Project Managers
• Support the collection of internally available data to support project execution
• Lead discussions with clients to determine criteria guiding design, including budgets, preferences, etc.
• Provide technical assistance in the development of concept designs, including all required drawings and reports, for projects of medium to high complexity, for discussion with clients
• Support Design Manager/Project Managers in the refinement of selected design options into schematic and draft final designs, including all required drawings and reports
• Provide support in design coordination with other design specializations (e.g. Architecture, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Transportation) to coordinate design requirements across disciplines for design projects of medium complexity across all design stages (conceptual, schematic, detailed), as needed
• Closely work with stakeholders for design value engineering for projects of medium to high complexity, as needed
• Closely work with Project Managers for the review and
Learning & Growth:
• Upload design deliverables into the knowledge management repository as per policies and procedures
• Attend periodic training to further develop relevant skills
• Implement corporate policies and procedures
• Lead training sessions and provide publication and training material
• Total Experience - 12+ years, of which minimum [+8] core experience in Sustainability rating [LEED] on mega projects
• Qualification - BSc. Architectural Engineering, [M.Sc. Sustainability] with Extensive, knowledge [Must have] in:
• Daylight analysis [Expert level]
• Urban thermal comfort analysis [Expert level]
• Passive house performance analysis. [Expert level]
• Facade Engineering
• LEED AP [BD&C, ND] + CEEQUAL Assessor, with minimum of  certified large development projects as team leader.
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).