Job description / Role
Business Development Executive - Consumer Products Division (Selective) - Hyderabad
The world leader in cosmetics, L’Oréal is present in 150 countries on five continents. Our 35 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men globally. Our ambition is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by inventing the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal supports diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005.
The DNA of L’Oréal is Innovation and we are driven by a real passion for the future. Our Research and Innovation Centres in India are the sixth innovation hub for L’Oréal worldwide to fuel local market innovations. In our quest to win the next billion consumers, we are looking for talented individuals who can lead us on this mission.
Would you like to be a part of the adventure?
We have a suitable opening in the function of Sales for the position of Business Development Executive for Consumer Product Selective Division. In this individual contributor role he/she will represent the company to its channel partners and plays a crucial role to generate business for the company. The candidate should have 2 - 4 years of relevant experience in the FMCG business in similar geography. Candidates having Traditional/Modern Trade, Key Accounts handling experience shall be given preference. The location of the job will be Hyderabad. The details of the same are given below:
• The BDE is responsible for ensuring a robust infrastructure in the territory.
• It is his responsibility to appoint the distributors and the PSRs and track their overall performance.
• The financial health and profitability of the customer has to be monitored very carefully and reviewed on a quarterly basis.
• Since the BAs are important stakeholders in Selective business, the BDE in alignment with the training team has to ensure the availability of the Beauty Advisors at all the counters.
Growth & Execution:
• The BDE has to drive the growth in his area which has to be in line with the organisation’s growth plan.
• He will have to on a regular basis monitor the channel-wise growth in his area and category-wise growth in each and every counter thus focusing majorly on like to like growth.
• He needs to identify the new opportunities which can help us gain market share.
• Timely connectivity of the stock, new launches and ensuring proper execution of the merchandising material is also his responsibility.
• The BDE has to ensure that all the schemes and additional inputs are well communicated in the trade. He has to ensure proper utilisation of the PWPs and GWPs and same has to be tracked regularly.
• Regular feedback from the trade has to be given to help us understand the industry trends and comparison between our offers/ trade input vis-à-vis competition.
Leading the team:
• The BDE responsible for managing the PSRs, the supervisors and the beauty advisors and keep them motivated to deliver the expectations.
• He has to understand their strengths and weakness and help them reach their potential.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good relationship management
• Good understanding of the FMCG business for the specific geography
• Team management skills
• Good in communication skills
• Proficient in MS office
• Experience in a similar position in FMCG particularly personal care category, Modern Trade, Key Account Handling (client facing) roles will be preferable.
• MBA in any stream
• Internal Interaction- Sales, finance, supply chain and customer service team.
• External Interaction- Distributors, Retailers and Salesmen.
Loreal is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Loreal strictly prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the Company
For more than a century, we have devoted our energy and our competencies solely to one business: beauty. We have chosen to offer our expertise in the service of women and men worldwide, meeting the infinite diversity of their beauty desires. We are committed to fulfilling this mission ethically and responsibly.