Job description / Role
Then L'Oréal Research & Innovation might be exactly the place you have always been looking for !
For more than hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives.
L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
• Independently perform hands-on experimental work utilizing Preparative high performance liquid chromatography, Flash chromatography and other associated analytical techniques for generating High purity Analytical Reference or working standards for Natural product repository and for discovery strategy of the group based on Bio-markers/polymer intermediates/small molecules from green route synthesis.
• Develop, validate, and document analytical methods and operating procedures according to specific RM/sample or testing requirements.
• Prepare reagents, solutions, buffers and standards as required for the isolation and purification of chemical/Natural extract entities.
• Independently conduct routine performance qualification and maintenance of chromatography and other laboratory instrumentation as necessary to assure proper performance.
• Highly motivated candidate with a passion for Science, who is energetic and eager to build new skills in a new Research field of separation sciences
• Well versed with scientific methodologies in separation sciences specifically on Liquid Chromatography purification skills and has a creative approach to solve problems and has imaginative ideas to build technical solutions for the team.
• Participate in troubleshooting of analytical test methods and laboratory instruments.
• Perform data analysis and interpretation and prepare well-written scientific reports for circulation to scientific communities and teams.
• Maintain appropriate documentation (records and lab notebooks) as required by SOPs.
• Develop new analytical and purification methodologies for new discovery leads and small molecule synthesis laboratory.
• Comprehensively purify and characterize molecules ranging from traditional small molecules to Natural products and novel conjugated polymer
• M. Sc in Organic Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Natural Product chemistry, Material Science and Engineering or Ph.d in Analytical Sciences or Organic Chemistry or Natural product chemistry
• Experience in Analytical & Natural product Chemistry (Theory & practice) in Prep-HPLC, Flash Chromatography, CPC and LC-MS instrumentation with different chromatography applications including reversed phase, HILIC, and Ion-exchange.
• A minimum of 3-5+ years of industry experience
• Demonstrated experience working effectively with global and transversal teams
• In-depth knowledge in chromatography theory, practice, and applications in industry.
• Excellent written and verbal communication English skills
• Well-organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and results-driven team player
• Competency in Analytical chemistry problem solving, data analysis and experimentation
• Strong background knowledge and practical experience in all aspect of modern chromatography methodologies (Prep-HPLC, fractionation by Centrifugal Partition Chromatography and Flash chromatography, TLC, GPC, NMR & MS)
• Strong understanding of organic chemistry and experience of chromatographic methods supporting Organic, polymer and Phytochemists, ideally with expertise within analytical and purification processes CPC and HPLC and familiar with analytical instrumentation (CPC instrument FCPE300® :Rousselet Robatel Kromaton or equivalent, Nexera Prep HPLC System - Shimadzu Scientific Instruments).
• Also expertise in data analysis/interpretation and chromatographic instrumentation, data management, software are essential.
• Document and effectively communicate research results timely (maintain organized lab notebook, write technical reports and present results to internal and external managers & stakeholders)
About the Company
For more than a century, we have devoted our energy and our competencies solely to one business: beauty. We have chosen to offer our expertise in the service of women and men worldwide, meeting the infinite diversity of their beauty desires. We are committed to fulfilling this mission ethically and responsibly.