Job description / Role
The Design Engineer participates in design activities for non-complex mechanical designs. He closely works with project teams on the development of mechanical designs, including concept designs, schematic designs, detailed designs and tender documents which accommodate the requirements of the client, local authorities, international standards and codes of practice and the requirements of other disciplines. He shall stay abreast of the latest trends and developments in the mechanical design field and represent the firm and share his expertise and knowledge with other team members.
• Ensure responsibilities are fulfilled with a high quality cost-effectively.
• Support Project Managers with the management of client relations and expectations.
• Ensure provision of high quality Mechanical design services to clients and internal counterparts.
• Collect internally available data to support project execution.
• Participate in discussions with clients to determine criteria guiding design, including budgets, preferences, etc.
• Refine selected mechanical design options into schematic and draft final designs, including all required drawings and reports for non-complex projects, as instructed.
• Coordinate with other design specializations (e.g. Architecture, Structural, Electrical, Water & Environment) to coordinate mechanical design requirements across disciplines for non-complex design projects across all design stages (conceptual, schematic, detailed)
• Support Senior Engineers with design value engineering activities for mechanical design deliverables, as needed.
• Closely work with the Quantity Surveying Department for the development of tender documents, including specifications, and Bills of Quantities related to the Mechanical design, as needed.
• Assist Project Managers with implementing quality control policies and procedures on design deliverables and conduct peer review on team members’ deliverables.
• Implement corporate policies and procedures.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
• Chartered Professional Engineering certification or equivalent is preferred.
• In depth knowledge of mechanical engineering.
• Understanding of international engineering standards and codes.
• 4+ years of industry experience in design, preferably in a mechanical design function.
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).