Group Engineer / Manager – Civil
Atkins Middle East
Job description / Role
Group Engineer/ Manager – Civil (Water - WTP/STP - UK/ME Projects)
Atkins, a member of SNC Lavalin Organization, is one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment. You might know us for the great work we do across our wide variety of projects. We're proud to say it's thanks to our people's diversity of thought, expertise and knowledge. We offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. And when you join us, you'll be a part of this genuinely collaborative environment, where everyone's voice is valued and treated equally.
Read more about how you can thrive with us.
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic self-starter to join our team as a Group Engineer/ Manager – Civil (Water - WTP/STP - UK/ME Projects). This role will be based at our Atkins offices in Bengaluru, Mumbai and Gurugram, India.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
• Experience of training and mentoring.
• Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartership.
• Ensure compliance with UK Health & Safety requirements and CDM Regulations and incorporate design for safety.
• Ensure compliance with Atkins Quality Management Procedures.
• Deliver projects on time and to quality and budget.
• Mentoring of Graduate/Assistant Engineers.
• Aware of best engineering practices, value engineering, civil designs with respect to buildability, ability to solve site related design issues.
• Check and/or review of calculations and drawings to International codes of practice.
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
• Ability to work collaboratively with clients & colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
• Flexible and adaptable.
• Ability to learn new skills.
• Awareness of limits of competence and when to seek assistance.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgements.
• Willingness to travel to various locations in India and abroad for short term assignments and training.
What will you contribute?
• Degree in Civil Engineering and master’s degree in environmental engineering (preferred).
• 8 to 12 years of experience in the Water & Wastewater Industry.
• Experience of working in the water Industry; civil design of particularly water and wastewater trunk mains, reservoirs, pumping stations, water and wastewater treatment works (One area is essential, 2 or more preferred). UK experience is preferred.
• Experience of detailed design drawings and calculations.
• Familiarity with IS/BS Codes of Practice.
• Ability to contribute to the project management of detailed design of projects.
• Ability to apply, promote/improve quality systems.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel proficient. Basic knowledge on drafting software like AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Revit, Navisworks.
What we offer at Atkins?
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
• Competitive salary.
• Group Insurance.
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
• Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities.
Why work for Atkins
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the globe for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Check out some of our recent, most exciting projects.
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).