Highways BIM - Technical Design Manager
Atkins Middle East
Job description / Role
We are looking for Highways BIM - Technical Design Manager to join our team. This role will be based at our Atkins office in Gurgaon, India.
How will you contribute to the team?
• A Bachelor’s degree holder in Civil Engineering with close to 10 years of experience delivering complex civil engineering projects, preferably from the Highways domain.
• Experience of designing highway engineering solutions in accordance with the DMRB, AASHTO or other equivalent international standards that are; ready for construction, embrace innovation and offer sustainable solutions to achieve project objectives.
• Experience in all aspects of highway design including geometric design of links and all types of junctions using Civil 3D 2020 and Infraworks 2020.
• Preparation of reports such as feasibility studies, method statements, specifications, approval documents, design reports, schedules, construction drawings and bills of quantities.
• Experience in planning, costing and monitoring delivery of work packages within budget and programme and a working knowledge of the management of project finances by use of the change control process Must be an advanced user or expert user in Autodesk Civil3D, with a minimum of 3 years’ core Civil3D experience which includes handling Bentley MX data in Civil3D.
• Civil3D experience must include detailed understanding of the Civil3D user interface and all its features to perform Civil3D corridor modelling for complex junctions and interchanges.
• Must be able to create, manage and manipulate bespoke Civil3D styles to derive various alignment and corridor information, annotation and reporting.
• Must able to derive and extract drawing deliverables, schedules, quantity take off and analysis results.
• Highly IT literate, excellent command of standard Microsoft office software, knowledge of IT infrastructure and hardware.
• Excellent skills in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
Desirable skills and experience
• Professional accreditation to the level of an Incorporated or Chartered Engineer or working towards professional qualifications.
• Must be an advanced user or expert user in Autodesk Navisworks with capabilities to federate individual discipline BIM Models.
• Setup, maintain and run clash rules and clash tests across federated BIM Models. Must know how to create search sets, query, find and navigate through BIM Models.
• Must be able to use Navisworks to generate clash results, manage clash resolution, redline BIM Models, capture viewpoints and cascade reports to discipline teams.
• Must be able to perform Navisworks model management.
• Hands-on experience of industry standard Highways BIM Platforms such as Autodesk Infraworks and Bentley Openroads. Computational / Generative design tool experience such as Autodesk Dynamo or Bentley Generative Components.
• Technical proficiency in the use of the latest common CDE systems: Bentley ProjectWise and Autodesk BIM360.
• Understanding and experience of handling Civil3D Data Shortcuts within the CDE Environment is a must.
• High performing ability to work and integrate into multi-disciplinary teams and work independently.
• Ensuring your work is to the highest appropriate standards and in compliance with Atkins quality systems and standards.
• Energetic and enthusiastic, with the desire to take on extra responsibilities and constantly upskilling team and oneself.
• Excellent written and spoken English communication within a business environment. Ability to exercise initiative, take ownership of project issues and work independently with excellent time management skills.
• You will demonstrate a high level of commitment, flexibility and be eager to accept responsibility and learn new skills, whilst always exercising an active interest in helping to solve technical problems faced by any member of the team.
• You will act with integrity and professionalism, gaining the trust of colleagues and setting an example to junior staff.
What will you contribute?
• Supporting technical delivery of Complex multi-disciplinary Highways engineering projects. Undertake designs, production and review of design including 3D Models, drawings, calculations, reports and specifications.
• Supporting the team as required in the development of design solutions.
• Compliance with Quality, Safety, Environment, and governance procedures, thus ensuring work produced is technically accurate and delivered in accordance with the appropriate standards.
• Supervise and oversee design, modelling and detailing including production of Civil3D Models and extraction of information directly from the model to form 2D drawings, schedules, setting out, quantities and other deliverables.
• Supporting the preparation of specifications for construction, technical surveys and design. Supporting the preparation of tender and contract documentation to various forms of contract.
• Serve as a reviewer and a technical auditor to ensure technical assurance. Undertake self-checking and assist with technical checks of work undertaken by the team. Provide quality control for compliance to company/project standards of deliverables.
• Manage the Highways discipline 3D models, review model quality and technical content including clash detection and compliance with the BEP.
• Work with the Information Manager and project teams to assist in the development and implementation of BIM strategies, BIM Execution Plans, workflows and processes on projects in accordance with Atkins Corporate Standards, Client requirements and industry best practice.
• Actively contribute to project design development by contributing to internal coordination, clash detection and design review sessions as well as external presentations to clients.
• Provide over the shoulder support for junior staff, mentor and support them through technical training and live project work supervision.
What we offer at Atkins?
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
• Competitive salary.
• Group Insurance.
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
• Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).