Job description / Role
Reporting to the Wind JV platform CEO and matrixed to the Country Manager & HSE Head of MESCAT region, the post holder is responsible for leading project controls on all aspects of Health, Safety and Environment during the construction, commissioning and O&M period of the project, ensuring that the EPCC delivers the project and the O&M Contractor operates the wind farm in compliance with the defined Health, Safety and Environmental management systems.
• To ensure that Wind JV Platform’s Health, Safety, and Environmental Standards are implemented consistently during construction and commissioning; and subsequently during O&M as well.
• To promote open and transparent Health, Safety and Environmental Reporting.
• Produce Health, Safety and Environmental reports as required.
• Develop HSE key performance indicators, both pro-active and reactive.
• Train and assist the Wind JV Platform’s team in the use and interpretation of the Company Health, Safety and Environmental reporting standards, documentation, interpretation of the standards and definitions
• Support individual Project Company’s with the prequalification of contractors or subcontractors and where appropriate support vendor selection
• Interface and communicate with the Parties to effectively create, modify and implement Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) policies and procedures that are in accordance with the Project Contracts, Agreements, Project Specific Assessments, IFC Performance Standards especially PS5 and PS6, Sponsor Corporate Policies, Local and Country Regulations and international Best Utility Practices.
• Monitor and measure continuously contractor HSE performance and environmental compliance.
• Ensure regular audits and site inspections are carried out and recorded to ensure contractors work safely and comply with company policies and procedures.
• Perform & organize internal site peer reviews with the participation and involvement of recognized certified HSE experts.
• Prepare & manage the selection of third-party auditors and consultants.
• Identify trends in Health and Safety performance and identify initiatives to deliver improvement.
• Ensure that good HSE performance is given the appropriate recognition.
• To promote the use of leading indicators and where appropriate use “no blame” methodologies to identify genuine causes of incidents.
• Promote the development of a Safe Working Environment and a Health and Safety Culture at all levels of the organization, including an open and proactive communication.
• Ensure Management plans are developed and tested regularly for Emergency Response, incident and accident investigation, and Business Continuity.
• To assist and advise in the implementation of improvement and mitigation actions following incident investigations, ensure actions are closed and that lessons learned are circulated.
• Where requested participate in Panels of Investigation.
• Ensure the consistent application of Company and Regional policies on Health and Safety.
Area of Responsibility
• Support internal & external benchmarking in construction, commissioning and O&M HSE issues.
• Assess the Health, Safety and Environmental risk exposure through audit and where appropriate implement improvement plans with EPCC and the O&M Contractor.
• Communicate HSE policy and objectives, communication of emergency response & business continuity procedures, corrective actions.
• Support project company relations with external partners on health, safety and environmental issues (local authorities, equipment manufacturers, contractors, suppliers etc.)
• Provide support for defining data parameters/KPI’s and coordinate data collection, support tools and reporting
• Be accountable for, monitor and report on the safety and environmental activities (compliance and performance) identify points of improvement (strategy, programs, objectives and action plans)
INR 150,000 to 250,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Required Skill Set
• An internationally recognized professional Health, Safety, and Environmental qualification.
• A construction/engineering qualification.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience managing Health, Safety and Environmental issues in the Power Generation Industry preferably in a corporate environment.
• Experience in implementing management systems such as ISO:14001 and OHSAS 18001.
• Delhi, Gurgaon with frequent travel within INDIA.
• Techno commercial
• With management
• Full-time (Permanent contract)
• Delhi HQ
About the Company
At Candidate we pride ourselves in not only being a team of recruiters but possessing extensive industry experience across our key verticals, which allows us to search and select the right calibre of resource for our clients. With our offices in the UK and Dubai, UAE we have the exposure to the right network which helps us focus on building a portfolio of clients and candidates across our key sectors:
Financial Services FinTech Legal Cyber Healthcare Digital
We like to see ourselves as more than a typical recruitment consultancy. For instance we offer the core services of placing the right candidate for our clients and retained recruitment, in addition to consultancy to advise and build out a client’s needs. Supplying contract resource is an area we are building out to provide further options to our client base. Lastly training is a key focus, as a result of our partnership with Forte Markets we have access to a depth of content and expertise, across our key verticals, rarely seen with a recruiter.