Job description / Role
Amazon Payment Services is a regional expert in payment processing technology and solutions across major markets in the GCC, operating in the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, Oman, Kuwait, and Qatar. We design and develop our services to make it as easy as possible to make online payments for businesses with our simple, secure, and innovative payment services.
We seek a dynamic, ambitious, and customer-obsessed Integration Support Engineer who is passionate about providing technical solutions to our merchants. Integration Support engineers are part of the Integration team, which owns merchants onboarding and offers technical support for all our existing and new merchants in our roadmap.
This team's overarching goal is consistently improving merchant experience and driving operational excellence according to Amazon's Customer obsession philosophy. Their primary focus is to integrate a maximum number of merchants with our payment gateway in the least possible turnaround time while achieving the highest merchant satisfaction and quality results.
· He/she provides dedicated integration support for all types of merchants.
· Develops subject matter expertise in one or more payment services and handles escalations related to those services.
· He/she manages high severity incidents till resolution.
· He/she can deal with ambiguity associated with the technical requirements. (e.g., custom system integrations, token migrations, embedded customer experience).
· He/she understands platform architecture (at a high-level), API documentation, and troubleshooting techniques.
· He/she understand the risk/opportunities with various implementations and help our merchants make the right trade-offs (e.g., creation of downstream bottlenecks, managed vs. unmanaged services, etc.).
· He/she understand the problem, defines severity, and proposes a workaround solution during crisis times to recover transactions while still working on the end-to-end solution.
· He/she works very closely with Infosec and Tech team to mitigate risks and vulnerabilities. They actively execute mandates from our Infosec and tech teams to ensure we meet the payment security bar.
· He/she performs deep dive and conducts detailed application analysis to identify the root causes of the merchant issues and works with the internal stakeholders and external partners to resolve them.
· Investigates transaction-related technical issues and promptly escalates concerns to the senior integration engineers.
· Must be able to interact with external customers
· Participates in on-call duties, based on a rotational schedule, to manage incident/sev1-2 related support by coordinating with different stakeholders to unblock issues.
· B.E/B.Tech in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
· 2+ years overall development or technical support experience.
· Knowledge of XML/SOAP, web services, web application development, and industry-standard commerce systems.
· Knowledge of Java-based technologies
· Experience with popular e-commerce shopping carts (Magento, WooCommerce, OpenCart, etc.).
· Effective organizational skills to maintain a consistently high standard of operations in a busy environment
· Proven track record in working on enterprise-level large scale n-tier applications.
· Effective prioritization and time management confidence to drive and manage large conference calls
· Development skills in C/Java or open source-based technologies.
· Knowledge of the mobile development common languages (Android, Swift).
· Basic understanding of DevOps and Agile.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.