Job description / Role
The IT Developer - Database is responsible for developing and supporting Oracle based applications within flydubai IT, Some of the major projects such as flydubai Data warehouse, and other OLTP applications work against Oracle databases.
• Setup and maintain latest version of systems within flydubai, for testing and debugging purposes
• Implement health checks to ensure the systems are available for use 24*7
• Guide vendor/s in applying latest design principles against Datavase systems being developed outside
• Ensure high performance and availability of applications
• Review database Code written by development partners, and ensure conformity to coding standards/best practices
• Develop in-house applications in Oracle area
• BE/ BTech/ MCA/ MSc/ BSc
• 6+years of development effort in Oracle
Knowledge / Skills
• Skilled in Oracle/SQL Programming Technologies
• Skilled in design reviews
Certificate / License required
• OCP certifications are desirable
• Customer Focus
• Team work
• Effective Communication
• Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
• Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
About the Company
Dubai-based flydubai strives to remove barriers to travel and enhance connectivity between different cultures across its ever-expanding network. Since launching its operations in 2009, flydubai has:
- Created a network of more than 90 destinations in 44 countries.
- Opened up 62 new routes that did not previously have direct air links to Dubai or were not served by a UAE national carrier from Dubai.
- Operates a single fleet type of 58 Next-Generation Boeing 737-800 aircraft and will take delivery of more than 100 aircraft by the end of 2023.
In addition, flydubai's agility and flexibility as a young airline has enhanced Dubai's economic development, in line with the Government of Dubai's vision, by creating trade and tourism flows in previously underserved markets.