Job description / Role
• Resolve a range of IT support requests from basic to moderate complexity and escalate as necessary.
• Deploy and support software and hardware systems – troubleshoot and resolve issues.
• Support a variety of IT-related systems.
• Provide excellent customer service using a wide variety of communication skills.
• Practice absolute confidentiality and unquestionable ethics.
• Follow work instructions and creates and maintains IT documentation as required.
• Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
• Understand. Create. Simplify.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associate's degree or equivalent experience providing technical support or customer service.
• Basic knowledge of IT methods, practices, procedures, and policies
• Excellent customer service commitment
• Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
• Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
• Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
• Background check results satisfactory to SEL
• Negative drug test result(s)
• Technical background and knowledge of manufacturing and/or engineering processes
• Ability to meet Motor Vehicle Report Qualification Standards of SEL
• Must be able to lift and carry 40 pounds
About the Company
SEL makes electric power safer, more reliable, and more economical. To accomplish this mission, we design, manufacture, and support a complete line of products and services for the protection, monitoring, control, automation, and metering of electric power systems. Our solutions range from comprehensive generator and transmission protection to distribution automation and control systems. The SEL Government Services Division is dedicated to the security, safety, and reliability of electric power at facilities ranging from military base power systems to ships, while Engineering Services provides engineering capabilities and system solutions to national and international customers. SEL University provides training and programs that help our customers meet the technical challenges and complexities of integrating digitally based technologies into the expanding power system infrastructure.