Job description / Role
- IT Testing Officer is responsible for performing functional validation and quality checks on software developed and released internally by flydubai or by preferred development partners.
- He/She carries out testing cycles based on static test cases, as well as using industry standard automated testing tools.
- The functional tester is responsible for creating test cases, execution and maintenance of test cases, manual and automated test procedures that ensure highest quality software.
- Setup and handle maintenance of test cases for applications.
- Setup and manage maintenance of automated testing tools.
- Plan and manage the execution of test cases.
- Establish the required testing criteria.
- Provide input into the production of the following testing related documentation
- Test strategy/plan
- Test cases
- Test summary reports
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- University Degree or equivalent
- 5 years of functional testing experience in airline/transportation domain
- 3 years specific test execution experience using automated test tools and in all testing phases of SDLC.
Knowledge / Skills
- Testing Practices
- Testing Tools
- Types of Testing
- Customer Focus
- Team work
- Effective Communication
- Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
- Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
About the Company
Dubai-based flydubai strives to remove barriers to travel and enhance connectivity between different cultures across its ever-expanding network. Since launching its operations in 2009, flydubai has:
- Created a network of more than 90 destinations in 44 countries.
- Opened up 62 new routes that did not previously have direct air links to Dubai or were not served by a UAE national carrier from Dubai.
- Operates a single fleet type of 58 Next-Generation Boeing 737-800 aircraft and will take delivery of more than 100 aircraft by the end of 2023.
In addition, flydubai's agility and flexibility as a young airline has enhanced Dubai's economic development, in line with the Government of Dubai's vision, by creating trade and tourism flows in previously underserved markets.