Job description / Role
IT Testing Officer is responsible for performing functional validation and quality checks on software developed and released internally by flydubai or by preferred development partners. He/She carries out testing cycles based on static test cases, as well as using industry standard automated testing tools. The functional tester is responsible for creating test cases, execution and maintenance of test cases, manual and automated test procedures that ensure highest quality software.
- Setup and handle maintenance of test cases for applications.
- Setup and manage maintenance of automated testing tools.
- Plan and manage the execution of test cases.
- Establish the required testing criteria.
- Provide input into the production of the following testing related documentation:
• Test strategy/plan
• Test cases
• Test summary reports
Minimum Qualifications / Experience/ Knowledge / Skills
- University Degree or equivalent
- 5 years of functional testing experience in airline/transportation domain
- 3 years specific test execution experience using automated test tools and in all testing phases of SDLC.
Knowledge / Skills
- Testing Practices
- Testing Tools
- Types of Testing
- Customer Focus
- Team work
- Effective Communication
- Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
- Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
About the Company
Dubai-based flydubai strives to remove barriers to travel and enhance connectivity between different cultures across its ever-expanding network. Since launching its operations in 2009, flydubai has:
- Created a network of more than 90 destinations in 44 countries.
- Opened up 62 new routes that did not previously have direct air links to Dubai or were not served by a UAE national carrier from Dubai.
- Operates a single fleet type of 58 Next-Generation Boeing 737-800 aircraft and will take delivery of more than 100 aircraft by the end of 2023.
In addition, flydubai's agility and flexibility as a young airline has enhanced Dubai's economic development, in line with the Government of Dubai's vision, by creating trade and tourism flows in previously underserved markets.