Key Account Manager
Job description / Role
Key Account Manager - Delhi, India
This role will be based in New Delhi and will be responsible for achieving sales in the Delhi/ NCR region. Eligible candidates must have excellent knowledge and relevant experience of NCR Travel Market. Preference will be given to candidates having Airline/ Hospitality or OTA background.
To achieve the commercial objectives and targets in Delhi - NCR from different channels: building effective business relationships, enhancing brand visibility and promoting Company’s products and services. Carries marketing campaigns and promotions, and increases the market share in line with set measures and Company’s adopted policies and procedures.
Key Result Responsibilities:
• Achieves and exceeds the set sales targets in the Delhi/ NCR; constantly reviews financial data to evaluate performance; identifies shortages, determines root causes, recommends changes to respective Manager and implements corrective measures accordingly.
• Identifies new opportunities to manage/maximize sales adopting different channels such as existing/new travel agencies, corporates and online portals in the assigned area.
• Carries field visits to identify key contacts and decision makers in travel agencies.
• Makes appointments and conducts meetings to educate and influence them promote Air Arabia products and services.
• Develops/maintains effective business relationships with travel agencies, GSAs, government departments, ministries, tourism companies, as well as individual agents and trade companies, to increase distribution, enhance business and grow sales.
• Builds/maintains rapport with stakeholders and key customers in the respective area with an accurate database.
• Conducts field visits, bench-mark analysis to keep abreast with competitors’ position, market conditions, and customer needs affecting market trends.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
• Bachelor degree in Management or equivalent.
• Additional qualification in Aviation/IATA/Tourism is a plus.
• Proficient in computer applications and usage of Microsoft word, Advanced Excel and Power Point skills.
• Native Hindi speaker
• Very good English verbal & written skills.
• Valid Indian Driver’s License is essential.
• 4 - 5 years of related sales experience, preferably in the Hospitality/ Aviation/ Tourism industry.
• Very good working knowledge of the travel segment & travel agents of the region
• Possesses effective persuasive sales and marketing skills and techniques.
• Capable of developing reports, comparison sheets, and charts as well as utilizing statistics to identify trends and support the revenue team with recommendations.
• Proven skills in analyzing data, identifying pitfalls and recommending effective solutions.
• Cost-oriented, possesses effective persuasive, negotiation, problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Employs a balance of technical expertise, and interpersonal relations to execute new initiatives that support company’s objectives.
• Capable of understanding market needs, trends, and planning accordingly.
• Established rapport with clients and government authorities, etc.
• Demonstrates the ability to contribute and successfully deliver against business strategy and set objectives.
About the Company
Air Arabia (PJSC), listed on the Dubai Financial Market, is the Middle East and North Africa's first and leading low-cost carrier flying to over 100 destinations across the world. Air Arabia was the first airline to introduce the low-cost carrier concept in the region and is on a mission to serve all Arab countries and beyond, constantly undergoing aggressive route expansion, taking advantage of its ideally located hubs in the United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Egypt and Jordan. Over the past thirteen years, Air Arabia, through continuous market research and customer feedback, provides a range of value added services to millions of passengers who chose to fly with Air Arabia's fleet of A320 aircraft. The airline commenced operations in October 2003 and achieved financial break-even from its very first year of services and has been profitable ever since.