Job description / Role
The world leader in cosmetics, L’Oréal is present in 150 countries on five continents. Our 35 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men globally. Our ambition is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by inventing the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal supports diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 78% since 2005.
The DNA of L’Oréal is Innovation and we are driven by a real passion for the future. Our Research and Innovation Centres in India are the sixth innovation hub for L’Oréal worldwide to fuel local market innovations. In our quest to win the next billion consumers, we are looking for talented individuals who can lead us on this mission.
Would you like to be a part of the adventure?
We have a suitable opening in the Luxury Division for the role of Lead – Brand marketing & D2C. You come with a relevant experience of 6-8 years. In this function lead (Individual Contributor) role, you will be working very closely with LPD Distributors, Ecommerce Platforms, Zone Digital team, Finance and Internal Control teams, cross-functional IT teams. The location of the job will be Mumbai.
I) Brand Marketing:
• Define the strategic orientations and the 3-year marketing plan for the Brand
• Monitor the portfolio performance including new launches, refresh of pillar products and activation of core business
• Implement new launches and marketing mix strategies and create the right angle of attack locally to build integrated, engaging consumer brand experiences
• Develop and manage online brands and product campaigns to raise awareness of the brands. Ensure cross-media efficiency, close tracking of results, and issue recommendations based on that
• Mobilise and collaborate with other departments (sales, logistics, education, etc.) and partner agencies to build broader business strategy
• Monitor the local adaptation of communication materials (imagery, digital, point of sale)
• Manage A&P budget and sales forecast for the category
• Place consumer’s insights at the heart of the marketing and business model
II) Launching and running its D2C platform
• Oversee the Brand’s D2C platform sales. Monitor and enhance the online sales activity
• Ensure User Experience of the website including Design & Aesthetics, Content, and Navigation, Branding / Marketing, Performance, checkout funnel and promotional campaigns
• Own and manage SEO measurements and monitoring methodologies
• Oversee the implementation of CRM strategy and data management
• Ensure that all ecommerce activity is consistent with the brand sense of purpose
• Create and maintain an online e-business plan: e-promotional calendar, product exclusivities, cross selling mechanisms, data ownership
Key Deliverables (Illustrative):
• Build & execute the brand sales strategy working closely with partners across E-tailers / DTC and Stores.
• Create and maintain an online e-business plan: e-promotional calendar, product exclusivities, cross selling mechanisms, data ownership within ecommerce and brand websites; with working knowledge of the e-retailers.
• Business Number Delivery – Sell-Out (online: Offline)
• Analyze digital role in the consumer path to purchase & consumer online searches. Develop and implement creative solutions to drive and convert more consumers.
• Reports to: Luxe Division Director
• Internal Stakeholders – Zone teams, Finance/Controlling team, Commercial Team, Marketing Team.
• External Stakeholders – LPD Distributors
• A confident and articulate communicator capable of inspiring strong collaboration
• Ability to analyse data to gather insights and find opportunities
• Build and manage relationships
• Ability to manage simultaneous projects and meet deadlines
• Business results oriented: ability to perform, to budget and manage forecast
• Proactive, positive and innovative mind
• Strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills
• Attention to detail and complex processes
• Knowledge of makeup and makeup marketing would be preferred
• Understanding of digital and tech is the key
L’Oréal is committed to building a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. L’Oréal closely prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the Company
For more than a century, we have devoted our energy and our competencies solely to one business: beauty. We have chosen to offer our expertise in the service of women and men worldwide, meeting the infinite diversity of their beauty desires. We are committed to fulfilling this mission ethically and responsibly.