Job description / Role
IN - Business Development Kerestase
The world leader in cosmetics, L’Oréal is present in 140 countries on five continents. Our 32 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men globally. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by inventing the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal supports diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005.
The DNA of L’Oréal is Innovation and we are driven by a real passion for the future. Our Research and Innovation Centres in India are the sixth innovation hub for L’Oréal worldwide to fuel local market innovations. In our quest to win the next billion consumers, we are looking for talented individuals who can lead us on this mission.
Would you like to be a part of the adventure.
We have a suitable opportunity in the Commercial function for the position of Manager/Senior Manager Business Development for brand Kerastase as part of our Professional Products Division. In this Individual contributor role, you will get to support the National Sales Manager in business development for salons.
You should have minimum 3-7 years of relevant work experience in business development/key account management. The location of the job will be in Mumbai and prior experience in beauty will be advantageous.
- Planning of promotions, activations, other planning activities at an account level by actively engaging with the internal stakeholders.
- Bridge between sales and marketings, attain all approvals from brand custodian before sending to clients / market.
- Leading Sales development projects – like Salon emotion/Flagships/ Contracts and special deal salons/ Merchandising Blitz
- Identifying the key trends at brand/region/tier/SKU level with planning short term and long term sales to meet the business objectives
- Creating Quarterly and Yearly business plans with various salons and aligning them with salons marketing plans.
- Lead the strategy to design channel management programs to ensure maximum Salon participation while ensuring budget guidelines on spends
- Assisting National Sales Manager on Sales Team’s and Internal presentations and with analysis of data.
- Supporting Sales team on planning promotions / digital invites and collaterals for In salon promotional activities C1 - Internal use
- Engage with regional sales team to effectively roll-out the channel management program and ensure program compliance - Tracking of monthly key priorities and working with regional to ensure priorities are met.
- A planning mind-set to understand and implement the science and art of sales planning
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand, organize and analyze large data sets.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and ability to work in a cross-functional environment
- At least 4 years of Field Sales Experience
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good understanding of systems and processes
Internal and External Interactions: The role requires regular interaction with the internal stakeholders such as Marketing, education team, Regional Sales team, controlling etc. External interaction with vendors.
Physical Demands (e.g. % travel):
- Travel will be need based
- MBA / Masters
L’Oréal is committed to building a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. L’Oréal closely prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual’s race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the Company
For more than a century, we have devoted our energy and our competencies solely to one business: beauty. We have chosen to offer our expertise in the service of women and men worldwide, meeting the infinite diversity of their beauty desires. We are committed to fulfilling this mission ethically and responsibly.