Manager - Supply Planning
L'Oreal Middle East
Job description / Role
The world leader in cosmetics, L’Oréal is present in 150 countries on five continents. Our 35 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men globally. Our ambition is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by inventing the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal supports diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products, and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 78% since 2005.
The DNA of L’Oréal is Innovation and we are driven by a real passion for the future. Our Research and Innovation Centres in India are the sixth innovation hub for L’Oréal worldwide to fuel local market innovations.
The distance between beauty and tech is closing rapidly, and we are determined to be pioneers in this new beauty tech world. New digital technologies and services are making the world of beauty move faster than ever before. Data and artificial intelligence are opening new horizons for personalization and customization. By incorporating digital into everything that we do, we are creating a better relationship with our consumers.
When beauty and tech collide, the impossible can happen!
In our journey, we are looking for talented individuals who can lead us on this mission.
Would you like to be a part of the adventure?
We have a suitable opportunity in the Professional Products division for the position of Manager - Supply Planning. In this role, you will be responsible for leading the Supply Planning activities aiming at the best customer service rates while optimizing costs and improving stocks quality.
He/She needs to ensure timely procurement plan generation as per the set calendar and ensure availability of stock to maximize Service rate, anticipate and mitigate risks and communicate to various stakeholders and through continuous focus on Sustainability.
You should have 3 – 5 years experience in Supply Planning preferably in FMCG industry. The location of the job will be Mumbai – HO.
• Ensure the smooth execution of the planning process in order to guarantee the availability of the products (FG, Testers, Samples, promos, combos) while optimizing customer service and cost and while improving the quality of stocks.
• Build Supply plan of the entity for Local and Imported products based on the validated sales forecasts and supply/ procurement parameters and review the factory and MSL confirmations.
• Determine the stock and supply parameters according to the objectives of service rate, costs and global targeted stock.
• Manage the replenishment process through the evaluation of the shortage risks and by communicating priorities to factory team and MSL
• Manage stock levels in country in accordance with the objectives set and compute obsoletes and slow movers. Define, review and implement action plans.
• Define and follow the Key Performance Indicators (out of stock, service rate, stock) and communicate them internally and to the MSL and factories.
• Manage stock distribution from Primary DC to regional DC’s. Monitor DC IQ and rebalancing of stock within DC’s
• Define and manage the safety stock at various nodes
• Communicate effectively and highlight supply risks timely with all stakeholders. Conduct Supply Review of the S&OP cycle
• Build the budgeted stock equation according to the stock and supply parameters.
• Ensure master data accuracy and timely inputs for new code creation.
• Contribute to the improvement of the processes and information systems related to his/her activity and be the referent of his/her job.
• To build solid understanding of our Supply Chain structure and functioning during the first assignment within L’Oréal.
• Recruit, develop and manage his/her team taking care of the transfer of know-how and of the development of expertise. Implement organizational changes.
• Develop and undertake tasks and projects & prepare reports in coordination with the entity Supply Chain Manager
• Is consumer-oriented.
• Controls risks and operates responsibly.
• “Make it happen” with operational excellence and agility.
• Strong collaborative skills
• Communicate clearly and engage with multiple stakeholders across functions
• Good excel skills
• Working knowledge of different planning and ERP systems
• Ability to analyze data to drive optimum output
• Marketing, Demand Planning, Imports Clearance team, MSL leads of respective procurement sources, Factory teams, Product Development team
Physical Demands (e.g. % travel):
• Travel will be need based
• Post-Graduation in Operations / Supply Chain Management
L’Oréal is committed to building a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. L’Oréal closely prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the Company
For more than a century, we have devoted our energy and our competencies solely to one business: beauty. We have chosen to offer our expertise in the service of women and men worldwide, meeting the infinite diversity of their beauty desires. We are committed to fulfilling this mission ethically and responsibly.