Job description / Role
Be a part of our international consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Mace India is to become a business characterised by professional property and infrastructure expertise, sound commercial knowledge and a commitment to service excellence. A business exhibiting the same unique combination of management skills, best practice methods and adventurous spirit that exists with Mace globally.
MEP Design Manager - Gurgaon
Part of the senior management team in a client facing, project management consultancy role.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Providing project management during the design stage in a collaborative, partnership-based manner.
• Supervising the management of the MEP design process in accordance with company policy, procedures and the design management plan.
• Selecting and managing consultants including scope, fee/payments, inputs and deliverables.
• Managing the connection and relationships of all key stakeholders (client, consultants, authorities, construction site team, subcontractor designers, community and neighbours).
• Developing the MEP project design brief (concept) and maintain by regular review, update and sign-off with the client.
• Establishing key stakeholder expectations and manage in a proactive and collaborate manner.
• Ensuring that the project is adequately resourced to meet all performance criteria.
• Advising on company design management resource requirements and organisation and assist in their selection.
• Ensuring that those allocated responsibilities are appropriately qualified to do so.
• Ensuring that the cost and profit objectives are achieved with timely reporting and forecasting.
• Managing the MEP design including all inputs, coordination and deliverables to achieve the time, cost, and quality objectives.
• Arranging full construction (MEP installation and planning) support during the design phase to maximise constructability.
• Achieving progressive approval from relevant authorities at appropriate stages including close liaison with the appropriate consultant.
• Setting-up, monitoring and managing the design program including integration with the project construction, procurement main program, budgets and cost plan.
• Managing and monitoring the document control system and ensure use by all parties to ensure efficient transfer and record of all documents and correspondence.
• Documenting and monitoring all project risks and instigate management strategies to control or eliminate.
• Monitor and control all changes to the contract design brief.
• Setting-up and monitoring a MEP design quality plan, linking designers’ quality plans with a regular review and audit function.
The successful applicant will need to have experience in coordinating and managing multiple stakeholders and demonstrate the ability to build robust, long term relationships and integrated teams.
It is essential that you can demonstrate a clear, systematic approach to solving complex technical and aesthetic issues and are able to communicate solutions in an effective, high level manner.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
• 15 years’ post-graduate experience is essential for client approval.
• Experience in residential, commercial and mixed-use is required.
• Significant experience of an MEP design role in a construction or project management environment is essential.
• Major project experience is essential.
• A main contracting, management contracting, construction management, project management or engineering background are all acceptable.
• Local experience and language skills are essential.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• A degree qualification in mechanical engineering, construction or similar is essential for client approval.
• Professional memberships are preferred but are not essential.
"Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel."
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 5,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa & India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety First, Client Focus, Create Opportunity, Integrity. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.