Job description / Role
We are looking for a smart, talented, energetic for the role of a QA/Sr QA Automation Engineer (Tester). The person will be responsible for planning (creating test plans), preparing for and performing quality testing of the product, in accordance with the product requirements (shared by the managers), and for ensuring the delivery of a quality product. The role requires experience in Quality Assurance (QA) Testing Automation tools and frameworks (like Selenium & Appium) to validate product quality, identifying quality issues, and tracking them to closure through a Bug Tracking system.
- You would be working on quality testing enterprise software applications (SAAS / cloud-based / browser-based product) in the finance domain. You may work on other projects as well.
- Understanding product requirements, creating a list of manual test cases for new features and capabilities (and overall system functionality) and creating automated tests for these test-cases.
- Creating the test plan based on product requirements, development progress, and project plan, keeping in mind the operating environment.
- Understand the testing needs/goals and create daily/weekly plans to execute manual and automated test cases to meet the testing goals. Enable developers to understand the QA issues or bugs found during QA testing.
- Report test progress, test coverage, bug count, defect metrics, and overall analysis, as required. Prepare statistical reports on Quality & Performance of the developed system.
- Develop and implement the product quality plan, to ensure high-quality product releases.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science Engineering or Software Engineering.
- Experience in the creation of automated test plans for repeatable testing.
- Solid understanding of the various testing concepts (e.g. functional, usability, automation, performance, integration testing). Good knowledge of JIRA, or equivalent.
- Strong experience in QA testing (Web and App) automation frameworks and tools like Selenium and Appium, Postman and JMeter, Cucumber, JUnit, and TestNG, etc.
- Hands-on experience in creating and running SQL queries using joins, for data validation from various data sources e.g. from tables in RDBMS like MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, etc.
- Familiarity with the use of automation dashboards and consoles.
- Experience in automation testing of web-based Enterprise products (SAAS applications) in the finance domain. Experience in Web/UI automation testing, including testing of dashboards and reports UI. Experience in functional and performance testing of Web Services / APIs.
- Can easily create & manage bugs/issues using a formal bug tracking system (like JIRA).
- Experience in automation testing of Mobile Apps will be preferred.
About the Company
Algorythma is a first-rate end-to-end technology service company, Algorythma creates impactful products backed with experience from leading corporations and institutions across the globe.
Our team is passionate, highly skilled and specialized when it comes to creating technologies that deliver turnkey solutions and lead corporations through elevating change on a large scale. It's worth mentioning that, the team is driven by the desire to build exceptional products. We are committed to building market leaders in industries we operate, and we continue to evolve our technology and business models to deliver value to our eco-system.
At Algorythma, technology is at the heart of all that we do. From identifying issues that impact lives, to supporting experts in creating solutions, we focus on building products and teams that transform industries and the boundaries of business with technology.