Job description / Role
• The Quantity Surveyor is a key member of the Mechanical Section in the design centre. He supports all quantity surveying activities related to the mechanical design scope of work, including performing quantity take-offs and developing cost estimates, Bills of Quantities and technical specifications. The jobholder also supports the tendering process, through responding to tender queries related to Mechanical Sections in Bills of Quantities, as needed.
• Ensure responsibilities are fulfilled with a high quality and in a cost effective manner.
• Support the calculation of upfront, high-level project cost estimates to Design Sectors and Geographies during the project sales process, as required.
• Ensure client satisfaction with quantity surveying deliverable.
• Perform quantity take-off from detailed mechanical design drawings to enable the development of Bills of Quantities for tender documents.
• Periodically contact suppliers to research and obtain unit rates to be used for construction cost estimates related to the mechanical scope of work.
• Closely work with design teams for the preparation of cost estimates related to the mechanical scope of work at various design stages (e.g. concept design, schematic design, draft final design, tender documents), as needed.
• Support Senior Quantity Surveyors and Lead Quantity Surveyors with the evaluation of claims on additional works related to the mechanical scope of work submitted by contractors or cost estimates for project scope changes, as needed.
• Implement corporate policies and procedures.
• Upload relevant materials (e.g. construction contracts, unit rates, Bills of Quantities) in the knowledge management repository as per corporate policies and procedures.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• Chartered Professional Engineering certification or equivalent is preferred.
• 3+ years of industry experience in Architecture, Engineering and Planning Industry in a quantity surveying role.
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).