Job description / Role
Security Supervisor - India
• Search all personnel passing through the Restricted Zones by use of archway metal detectors or manual body searching whenever necessary
• Search all items being carried into the aircraft, using x-ray equipment, explosive trace equipment and manual search, in order to ensure that no prohibited articles are taken into the Restricted Zone which could endanger aircraft, passengers and crew, and the screening of all passengers Hold Luggage.
• Controlling of access to the aircraft restricted and controlled zones, checking identification or travel documents for all passengers, staff and airport users requiring access.
• Read and adhere to security notices, completing documentation clearly and concisely on any incidents that may have occurred.
• Responding to and assisting with emergency situations such as aircraft emergencies and security incidents.
• Attending to and investigating reports of any unattended baggage.
• Ensure security of hold baggage throughout the operation.
• Ensure anti-sabotage checks for hold have been done before anything loaded.
• Ensure safe guarding of aircraft on bay.
• Escorting of valuable cargo or items
• Carry out SLPC whenever necessary
• Ensure compliance of instructions or guidance issued from safety and security departments.
• Liaise with local authorities and internal departments and initiate actions as and when required. Deal with passengers and important other issues on an exception basis.
• Analyze performance and delay reports. Find solutions and recommend to APM to resolve recurring problems.
• Provide proposal related to improvement and rectification of passenger, ramp services and other issues to APM.
• Responsible for airside safety and monitor ramp handling.
• Oversee the baggage handling and register baggage handling complaint in to the baggage handling system.
• Monitor and trace lost baggage using baggage service system.
• Ensure adherence of policies and procedure laid down in the station operation manual.
• Monitor excess baggage collection and report to APM.
• Investigate passenger complaint and prepare detailed report to APM.
• Any other administrative or operational functions that may be assigned by APM.
• Deputize APM on his absence (if required).
Reporting to: Airport Manager (APM()
Based in India, The job holder will be responsible for managing all security functions related to Air Arabia daily operation at the assigned station while monitoring, directing and controlling security handling at Check-in, Baggage handling, Ramp and Boarding areas
• University Qualifications: Graduate or Higher Diploma
• Other certifications obtained: Baggage Screeners Certification issued by BCAS
• Nature and length of previous experience: 2 years experience in similar role
• Nationality Preference: Indian
• Language Fluency: English, Hindi and regional language
About the Company
Air Arabia (PJSC), listed on the Dubai Financial Market, is the Middle East and North Africa's first and leading low-cost carrier flying to over 100 destinations across the world. Air Arabia was the first airline to introduce the low-cost carrier concept in the region and is on a mission to serve all Arab countries and beyond, constantly undergoing aggressive route expansion, taking advantage of its ideally located hubs in the United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Egypt and Jordan. Over the past thirteen years, Air Arabia, through continuous market research and customer feedback, provides a range of value added services to millions of passengers who chose to fly with Air Arabia's fleet of A320 aircraft. The airline commenced operations in October 2003 and achieved financial break-even from its very first year of services and has been profitable ever since.