Job description / Role
WSP wishes to recruit a dynamic, self-motivated Senior Drainage Engineer to join the ‘UK CRC Development Infrastructure’ team in Noida which provides detailed infrastructure designs for both public and private sector Clients.
The ability to plan and design deliverables against UK Engineering standards for each stage of a project is a pre-requisite and training and guidance will be provided where necessary
Production of detailed drainage development infrastructure designs and construction drawings for various UK projects including residential, industrial, commercial, transport, water, retail, health and education projects.
Key Competencies / Skills
• Good command of written and verbal English
• Significant experience in drainage infrastructure design including foul and surface water hydraulic modelling and the preparation of technical approval packs
• Fully conversant in the use of MicroDrainage
• UK experience essential in particular in the application of Building Regulations Part H, Sewers for adoption and Section 104 and 106/107 applications under the Water Industry Act
• Problem solving and originality.
• Cultural awareness, conscientious and an open mind are essential requirements for the role.
• High degree of self-motivation and ability to motivate others.
• Ability to work under pressure and with minimum of supervision.
• Ability to check work to ensure quality deliverables
• A proficiency in AutoCAD, MS Word and MS Excel is also expected.
• Project management and line management welcomed but not essential
• Flexibility to work on non-drainage design.
• Knowledge of UK highway design including design to gain S38 and S278 technical approvals would be advantageous.
• Master of Science or bachelor’s degree in Civil / Environmental Engineering
• At least 5 years’ postgraduate (or equivalent) experience of working with drainage projects
• Experience to work in/with other cultures.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.