Job description / Role
WSP wishes to recruit a Senior Engineer to join ‘UK iCRC Highways’ team in Noida or Bengaluru which provides detailed highway and drainage designs for both public and private infrastructure.
The role requires management of a number of projects and becoming involved in design at an early stage. The ability to plan and design deliverables against UK Engineering standards for each stage of a project is a pre-requisite and training and guidance will be provided where necessary
The successful candidate’s role will be as engineering designer within the UK CRC Highways team in our Noida or Bengaluru office producing infrastructure/highway designs and construction drawings for various UK projects including residential, industrial, commercial, transport, water, retail, health and education projects. You will be expected to play a proactive part in the design process and to be active on a number of projects at any given time.
Key Competencies / Skills:
• Excellent command of written and verbal English
• UK project experience and knowledge of British standards is advantageous
• Problem solving and originality.
• Computer literate
• The successful candidate will be a dynamic, self-motivated individual who will take on a Leadership role in project work, focused on delivery to the client and technical excellence.
• The role requires management of a number of projects and becoming involved in design at an early stage.
• The ability to plan and design deliverables against UK Engineering standards for each stage of a project is a pre-requisite and training and guidance will be provided where necessary.
• Cultural awareness, conscientious and an open mind and excellent communication skills are essential requirements for the role.
• High degree of self-motivation and ability to motivate others.
• Ability to work under pressure and with minimum of supervision
• Master of Science or Bachelor's Degree in Civil / Transportation Engineering
• At least 6 years’ experience of working with infrastructure projects and detail design of highways and drainage.
• Civil engineering Hydraulic experience.
• Experience from Construction.
• Experience to work in/with other cultures.
• Candidate must be having experience in Highways Design
• Preferred would be UK project experience
• International Project experience can also be considered
• DMRB codes
• Experience in Mxroad, civil3d
Position is for Noida Location
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.