Senior Engineer - Roads & Highways
Khatib & Alami
Job description / Role
• As a Sr. engineer, competent in geometric designs, specifications, and contract documents.
• He/ she will be responsible for checking quality project delivery from
• Design engineers. Good understanding of teamwork and highways business area.
• Exhibits clear progression towards a technical career path.
• Technical training of advanced delivery models for self and for the team.
• Mentoring the Junior Engineers.
• Clear knowledge of work procedures, and ability to brief project team on them.
• Delivering projects to desired quality standards and according to mutually agreed timelines with the client.
• Able to author competent technical reports of acceptable technical and presentational quality.
• Act as a technical expert in the team, lead and develop other staff.
• Technical reviews/ writing / communications / problem solving
• Design reviews/Consultant coordination.
• Relevant experience with other countries' projects preferably Gulf projects.
• Knowledge of UK/AASHTO/Middle east/Indian codes and standards on highway.
• Basic Qualification: BE in Civil Engineering.
• Preferred Qualification: M Tech in Civil/Transportation Engineering
• Experience: Minimum 8 years of experience in Highways projects.
• Software Knowledge: AutoCAD, Civil 3D
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).