Job description / Role
The Senior Manager is the subject matter expert on the topic of [speciality] design topics and is a key reference point for his team members. He is in charge of the technical aspects of the design activities of projects of high complexity in K&A. He works closely with Project Managers for the review and validation of design deliverables and monitors the checking and reviews of all design phases and ensures the proper implementation of all related adjustments and revisions. The jobholder conducts design value engineering in coordination with the Project Manager and design teams.
• Ensure responsibilities are fulfilled with a high quality cost-effectively.
• Support Project Managers with the management of client relations and expectations, as needed.
• Represent K&A at the key industry events and conferences.
• Provide technical subject matters expertise to clients during proposal stage and in client meetings during design delivery.
• Lead the development of publications showcasing K&A’s expertise in the field to further promote K&A’s brand in the market.
• Provide sophisticated technical subject matter expertise to design teams during all stages of design delivery (concept design, schematic design, final design) in coordination with Design Managers and Project Managers.
• Lead discussions with clients to determine criteria guiding design, including budgets, preferences, etc.
• Support Design Manager/Project Managers in the refinement of selected design options into schematic and draft final designs, including all required drawings and reports.
• Closely work with stakeholders for design value engineering for projects of high complexity, as needed.
• Closely work with project teams for reviewing design deliverables of design projects of high complexity, including conducting detailed reviews and checks.
• Conduct QA/QC reviews on design deliverables.
• Assist Project Managers with implementing quality control policies and procedures on design deliverables and conducting peer review on team members’ deliverables.
• Support during the supervision stage, as needed, including responding to RFIs and solving design conflicts for projects of high complexity, in coordination with local design teams.
• Support in conducting close-out activities and derive lessons learned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture.
• Master’s Degree in Architecture or PhD is preferred.
• Chartered Professional Engineering certification or equivalent is preferred.
• In depth knowledge and proven track record in the architectural specially design field.
• Experience in Middle East is preferred.
• 25+ years of industry experience in architectural design.
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).