Job description / Role
The world leader in cosmetics, L’Oréal is present in 150 countries on five continents. Our 35 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men globally. Our ambition is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by inventing the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal supports diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 78% since 2005.
The DNA of L’Oréal is Innovation and we are driven by a real passion for the future. Our Research and Innovation Centres in India are the sixth innovation hub for L’Oréal worldwide to fuel local market innovations. In our quest to win the next billion consumers, we are looking for talented individuals who can lead us on this mission.
Would you like to be a part of the adventure?
We have a suitable opportunity in the Marketing function for one of our leading categories - Hair Colour, for the brand L'Oreal Professionnel, which is part of the Professional Products Division at L’Oréal India. In this individual contributor role, you will be responsible for end-to-end execution of marketing strategy, new launches and overall category salience.
You should have at least 5 years of relevant work experience in marketing. The location of the job will be in Mumbai and prior experience in beauty or FMCG will be advantageous.
• Developing category expertise through product, channel and market understanding.
• To collect and analyse consumer & market insights, competition strategies and make recommendations to drive growth.
• Drive growth on brand through planning & implementing an integrated marketing mix (Digital/ In-Salon/ Retail/ BTL/ Education) and build engaging customer & consumer brand experiences.
• To monitor business performance, suggest timely initiatives/ campaigns to ensure meeting of brand targets and effectively prepare clear messages for senior management.
• To implement new launches, maintain growth in pillar products and animate core catalogue.
• Developing new communication assets & lead local adaptation of marketing & communication materials (imagery, digital, point of sale)
• To collaborate with agencies (Digital, PR, Media, Research) to plan & implement brand campaigns/ initiatives.
• To collaborate with other departments (Sales, education, logistics, partner agencies) to drive business operations.
• To maintain the brand calendar, manage budget and ensure sales forecast accuracy.
• To deliver the top-line for the categories handled.
• To create and execute impactful 360 marketing plans for the category / brand.
• Sensitivity to Beauty
• Creative & Aesthetic Excellence
• Strong drive and commitment
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
• FMCG Brand marketing / Digital marketing experience is mandatory
• In depth knowledge of products/categories (Category in question or past categories handled)
• Research and market data analysis
• Knowledge of market and consumer trends
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Financial acumen
Physical Demands (e.g. % travel):
• Travel will be need based
L’Oréal is committed to building a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. L’Oréal closely prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual’s race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the Company
For more than a century, we have devoted our energy and our competencies solely to one business: beauty. We have chosen to offer our expertise in the service of women and men worldwide, meeting the infinite diversity of their beauty desires. We are committed to fulfilling this mission ethically and responsibly.