Job description / Role
Be a part of our international consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Our Asia Pacific and India hub started in 2004 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering project and programme management, facilities management and cost consultancy services.
Mace India has to become a business characterised by professional property and infrastructure expertise, sound commercial knowledge and a commitment to service excellence. A business exhibiting the same unique combination of management skills, best practice methods and adventurous spirit that exists with Mace globally.
Senior MEP Manager - Super Luxury Residential Project
To lead the MEP function on the prestigious project which includes fit-out of common areas of a 4m sq. ft apartment complex and 100 high-end luxurious apartments (minimum size of each apartment 7,500 sq ft)
Your responsibilities will include:
• Overseeing the consultant and contractors teams for MEP delivery across a major project.
• Managing, appointing and overseeing the consultants, designers, main contractors and MEP sub-contractors.
• Directing the consultant’s MEP senior team consisting of MEP engineering manager and other lead engineers and project managers.
• Giving guidance and coordinates efforts of the planning, design and construction management activities, assigned personnel and sub-consultants within a multidisciplinary, multiple phased construction project environment.
• Leading the MEP team in undertaking the technical reviews and compliance checks of the contractor’s submittals.
• Executing standardised procedures for monitoring the progression of planning, design and construction phases.
• Monitoring project and staff to ensure that projects are progressing according to established procedures and cost, time and quality objectives.
• Interfacing with project designers and contractor to coordinate the design intent with construction delivery.
• Preparing reports for project director and client indicating procedure adherence and project progress.
• Ensuring periodic inspection of construction activities and compiles non-compliance reports as appropriate and recommending the appropriate follow up action.
• Ensuring that main contractor is in compliance with project plans and specifications.
• Monitoring the quality of work performance by contractor and the quality of materials used on-site.
• Evaluating the progress of the project to determine if time schedules and cost objectives are being met.
• Assisting in change control management and claims process with contracted parties and ensures client protocols are adhered to and employed.
• Striving to ensure project time and cost objectives are met.
• Implementing and following quality assurance program procedures.
• Implementing and follows health and safety program procedures.
• Ensuring contractor’s compliance with quality assurance and health and safety program procedures as outlined in the contract.
• Chairing site progress meetings and ensure timely dissemination of minutes.
• Organising and managing regular interface meetings and workshops with design team as necessary to ensure timely responsiveness to RFI’s, submittals, sample reviews, and overall compliance with the construction schedule.
• Developing and implementing claims avoidance and mitigation strategies.
• Overseeing MEP procurement, cost and commercial support to the consultant’s commercial team.
• Being accountable for the delivery of the project and to manage a team accordingly.
• Acting as a focal point for client and external teams.
• Being accountable for the MEP delivery on the projects from design to commissioning and handover.
• Supervising design management and procurement.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
• Minimum 20 years’ experience including senior management role delivering high end luxury apartment or 5* hotel MEP fit-out projects at international level.
• Minimum of 3 luxury residential projects experience, ideally from start to finish of project.
• MEP leadership experience with proven multi-disciplinary management in a construction industry.
• Indian project experience is preferred.
• International project experience is essential.
• Ability to build strong relationships with the client, consultants, contractors and other key stakeholders. Ideally with proven skills managing contractors and consultants.
• Broad knowledge of construction techniques with high technical expertise is essential.
• Knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing techniques.
• In-depth knowledge of project management methodologies, techniques and concepts.
• Excellent organisation, management and commercial skills are essential.
We are seeking people that have worked for blue chip, western project management or cost consultancy organisations or the international main contractors.
• A bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering.
• With professional memberships.
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.