Senior Project Engineer - Roads & Highways
Khatib & Alami
Job description / Role
• Responsible for the delivery of project discipline scope elements within budget and schedule.
• Oversees completeness and accuracy of project team's work. Supervise and guides the team to overall project objectives.
• Provides senior-level technical expertise to clients on project aspects within the discipline.
• Assists with project management duties.
• Responsible for production of civil/site, roadway, drainage, pavement marking & signing plans, maintenance & protection of traffic plans, staging/constructability, permitting, quantities, cost estimates, construction administration, and final specifications
• Provide coordination of project execution and control on civil/site and highway design projects to achieve continuity of purpose within scope, budget, and time schedules from initial start-up through final design.
• Accountable for handling specific design aspects on projects
• Coordinate efforts of an assigned design team to ensure completeness and accuracy of design effort
• Coordinate with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects
• Serve as technical liaison with client on project efforts.
• Relevant experience with other countries' projects preferably Gulf projects.
• Knowledge of UK/AASHTO/Middle east/Indian codes and standards on highways.
• Basic Qualification: BE in Civil Engineering.
• Preferred Qualification: M Tech in Civil/Transportation Engineering
• Experience: Minimum 12 years of experience in Highways projects.
• Software Knowledge: AutoCAD, Civil 3D
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).