Job description / Role
- The Senior Project Engineer leads the design activities of storm water & drainage projects of medium and high complexity.
- The jobholder ensures a functional, effective and aesthetic design for storm water & drainage projects, which accommodates the requirements of the client, local authorities, international standards and codes of practice and the requirements of other disciplines.
- The Senior Project Engineer is expected to act as a team leader on one or more projects to complete design cycle, including concept design, schematic design, detailed design and preparation of tender documents. He shall stay abreast of the latest trends and developments in the storm water & drainage design field and represent the firm and share his expertise and knowledge with other team members.
Qualification, Technical Skills and Competencies Required to Execute this Role
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, preferably Civil or Environmental
- Chartered Professional Engineering certification or equivalent is preferred
- Master's Degree in Environmental Engineering is preferable.
- In depth knowledge of storm water drainage design and principles in the Middle East
- Understanding of international engineering standards and codes
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in spoken and written English;
Experience Required to Execute this Role
- 10 to15 years of industry experience in in the water and environment/ storm water & drainage engineering design
- 10 to15 years of experience in engineering design in a top tier regional / multinational engineering consultancy firm
- Strong experience in large and complex storm water & drainage design projects
- Exposure to global best practices and trends in Engineering
- Planning Industry, in particular to stormwater & drainage
- Experience in the Middle East is preferred
- Extensive knowledge of hydraulic analysis as well as interpretation of water quality data
- In-depth knowledge of current hydrology and hydraulics techniques and software by using techniques with modeling/design tools, such as SewerGems, StormCad, EPA-SWMM and ARCGIS is preferred
- Familiar with environmental impact assessments, surface water monitoring programs, runoff water management and environmental permitting
- Possess strong analytical skills and has the ability to manage time and resource effectively
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Review of design which performed by the junior staff
- Perform responsibilities of preparing study narratives documents, catchment studies and case reviews
- Handle the tasks related to flood management and mitigation plan
- Responsible for assisting project managers in scoping projects and in leading project development teams
- Responsible for the surface water drainage design on varieties of major and minor projects
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).