Job description / Role
The Senior Project Engineer reviews concepts and develops preliminary and schematic designs for complex transportation design projects. This is the first level of autonomy in design and supervisory accountabilities, whereby the Senior Project Engineer acts as a Team Leader on one or more projects, as assigned by the Section Manager, to complete the design through the proper planning and resource allocation. The Senior Project Engineer ensures that the design of transportation systems meets the requirements of the Client, local authorities and engineering standards and codes of practice.
The Senior Project Engineer plans detailed design activities for the team, elaborates conditions for contracts, validates letters, attends external meetings and performs a site office backup. He/ She also ensures optimal detailed designs (minimum construction, operation maintenance and design costs) that are within budget and conform to contract requirements.
The senior project engineer shall be literate in CAD and CIVIL 3D latest versions and shall have the following skills:
- Preparation of scope of works and design criteria
- Steer and guide a team of 4 to 5 engineers and monitor their work and timely delivery
- Adopt QA/QC checking procedures as per company policy to ensure sound and coordinated design both internally and across other disciplines
- Have full proficiency and experience in developing training sessions for the junior team members to get the required level of knowledge and experience in the following:
- Design of Roads (plans and profiles),
- Design of Junctions (Roundabouts, priority junctions, signalized junctions,) both horizontally and vertically
- Development of site grading,
- Preparation of road cross sections,
- Generating earthwork quantities,
- Preparation of pavement design and pavement design reports,
- Preparation of concept and detailed design of interchanges
- Preparation of power point presentations
- Preparation of progress reports
- Sound communication and writing skills
- Sound knowledge in preparing technical reports
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum of 15-17 years of experience
- Qualification - Master's mandatory.
- Understanding of engineering standards, codes of practice and local authorities' guideline.
- International Project Exposures
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).