Job description / Role
Sensory & Expert Science - L'Oreal, R&I, India
For more than hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives.
L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
As part of the R&I 360 deployment, the Product Performance Evaluation team is a key partner that ensures we as L’Oreal deliver innovations that truly change people’s lives. Different streams within the PPE provide a holistic and well-rounded understanding of the market landscape, product characteristics and signature, consumer needs and pain points, thus contributing at every step of the innovation
We are looking for an entrepreneurial Researcher to onboard on this thrilling adventure.
- Partner Formulation through objective evaluation of product performance and sensoriality, testing with experts, trained & semi-trained panels
- Leverage existing data to provide strategic inputs for product innovation, renovation and competition understanding
- Leverage Sensory data to better understand consumer perception through Qual/ Quant studies
- Collaborate with global teams for product testing and analysis
- Management and efficient utilization of panel
- Building agile and hybrid testing methodologies to support product development across different aspects like sensoriality, benefits, packaging
- Data analysis, synthesis and presentation of findings to stake holders
- Be responsible for the objectivity, relevance and quality of the study, as well as the analysis of results in order to properly support the labs in their research
- Masters in Food Science/ Statistics/ Data science / MBA in Marketing or related field
- 12 - 15 years work experience in related industry
- Team management experience along with working with global teams
- Exposure to sensory, consumer research, Neuro science methods with hands on experience in data analysis
- Fundamental understanding of applied statistical analysis, multivariate analysis techniques, analyzing data from different sources
- Experience of working with digital data collection tools, statistical Analysis & visualization softwares ( e.g. FIZZ, SPSS, XLSTAT, Power BI) would be preferred
- An Innovator who shows curiosity and imagines creative solutions, is open to learning and experimenting
- An Entrepreneur who takes initiatives on own and accept challenges
- An Integrator who can work with multi-cultural global teams with Strong networking and collaboration skills
- A Strong communicator: written and verbal communication skills
About the Company
For more than a century, we have devoted our energy and our competencies solely to one business: beauty. We have chosen to offer our expertise in the service of women and men worldwide, meeting the infinite diversity of their beauty desires. We are committed to fulfilling this mission ethically and responsibly.