Job description / Role
We are looking for a seasoned Senior SDE to help us build a culture of think big, invent and simplify and insist on high standards. The role will be responsible for driving the team's technical direction, strategizing and shaping our long-term vision and architecture. You will own major deliverables end-to-end, drive roadmaps, and provide technical leadership to the engineering team. If you're excited by cloud computing, designing highly secure, scalable, fault tolerant systems, and want to be challenged by tough computer science problems, then join us.
You should be someone who wants to conceive and design highly secure, scalable, and robust software to address opportunities in the payments industry through cloud computing. The ideal candidate will have experience in software and security engineering with focus on distributed systems, web services, and high availability production systems.
Responsible for the overall development life cycle of the solution and manage complex projects:
- Work with PE, Sr.SDE, TPM and Product managers in developing a strategy and road map to provide new products from scratch.
- Work closely with other senior engineers to develop a culture of think big and innovation.
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
- Project management - prioritization , planning of projects and features, Stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments
- Operational Excellence - monitoring & operation of production services
- Hire, Build and grow a new team from scratch.
- We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Chennai, TN, IND
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of non-internship design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience programming with at least one software programming language
- 3+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.