Job description / Role
Amazon is one of the leading organization providing customer focused products and services to always move a step closer to its goal of earth's most customer centric company. To have a global impact and presence, Amazon is launching itself in new markets every year. With Middle east and North Africa, being one of the section Amazon entered 2 years back, its looking for energetic individuals to bring in change and world class experience for MENA customers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Keeping your finger on the pulse of the constantly evolving and growing big data field
- Translation of complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Delivering systems and features with high quality, on time
- Stay current on technical knowledge to keep pace with rapidly changing technology, and work with the team in bringing new technologies on board
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science or related program.
- Demonstrated leadership ability as either a lead software developer or software development manager
- Strong Customer Focus
- Deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping great software on time
- Solid understanding of Java, Angular JS
- Experience taking a lead role in architecting, designing, and building complex software systems.
- Experience with the AWS product suite including ElasticSearch, S3, Redshift, Sagemaker, DynamoDB or RDS
- Experience with full-stack development
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.