Job description / Role
Project Director (Copper Smelter) In Indonesia
• To plan, manage and execute entire project scope and stakeholders management from definition to operations, including project design, engineering & technology, financial planning and control,project control functions (scope, time, cost , risk, change management), procurement, construction, commissioning, start up, and initial operations.
• Strong leadership and organizational, scheduling & time management skills
• Ability to work both independently and as a team player and thrive in a fast paced, high pressure environment dependent on managing project timelines and schedules simultaneously.
• Ability to communicate well, and work productively with internal and external individuals within the design, construction, and procurement
• Strong work ethic, high degree of professionalism with the ability to work with little supervision, handle multiple tasks in an organized manner, produce quality work and meet strict deadlines, good analytical, conflict resolution, sound decision making skills
• A commitment to safety and a desire to maintain our Indonesian Copper Smelter operations to world class international safety standards. You have to outstanding HSE record, in global copper smelter operations or managed large Pyrometallurgical project execution as Project Director
• You should also be able to clearly demonstrate previous results together with a pro-active commitment towards safety whilst having attained the team work and respect of local communities and adherence to relevant environmental standards
• Excellent communication skills in English both verbal and written and computer literate.
USD 15,000 to 25,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: full expat package
• Aged 40 – 55
• Engineering background with Project management /MBA degree
• 20 years’ experience in the Copper and Smelter Industry and relevant field.
• Experiences as Head of operation or Head of projects for copper smelters
• 5 years’ experience with global Engineering companies as Project Director for Copper /Nickel/Zinc projects in EPC/EPCM mode
• Proven track record to deliver at least 2 projects from Design/Engineering stage to commissioning and start up, with capex in excess of USD 1.5 Billion
• Earlier experience to manage EPC contracts with Chinese contractors and suitable experience to build project in Asian countries, will be an added advantage.
• Knowledgeable on subcontract management, including project controls, configuration management, risk management, schedule and cost control
About the Company
For over 15 years Omni International Consultants has supplied high caliber personnel to the global Construction, Aviation, Banking, Logistics, IT, Hospitality, Healthcare, Oil/Gas & Manufacturing sectors.
We specialize in recruiting the highest quality, right-fit professional and have helped many candidates find their ideal opportunity.
Our Head Office is located in Bangkok, Thailand and we have 6 liaison offices located in the UK, Australia, UAE, India (Mumbai & Delhi) and Rayong, Thailand.