Job description / Role
Senior Manager Precious Metal Refiner (Copper Smelter Plant) In Indonesia
• Lead the team to deliver Copper Smelter Plant Projects – construction and operation of copper flash smelters, Converters, copper Anode furnaces and casting operations and relevant field – in company operation area, including management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery.
• Establish design systems and database technology in the management and supervision of Smelter Plant projects.
• Provide advice and guidance to contractors, employees and consultants to ensure Company and corporate standards are applied and maintained.
• Make critical decisions of a process or cost nature by having external knowledge of the cost and availability of materials and contractors/manpower as they apply to project planning and execution.
• Establish the effective integration of diverse project construction in the Smelter plant area.
• Employ international best standards in planning and construction to meet project deadlines and keeping costs low and within budget.
• Effectively schedule and monitor work and take appropriate actions to avoid delays in supply or execution.
• Prepare appropriate reports and presentations for Senior Management and shareholders.
• Develop budgets and execute budget with a focus on cost control and utilization of Value Improving Practices.
• Undertake negotiation for budgets and financial plans with relevant groups and individuals in ways that build commitment to the plans.
• Review cost management issues and identify improvements.
• Manage Department’s Budget, identify issues, and propose improvements.
USD 10,000 to 15,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: full expat package
• Aged 40 – 50
• Engineering or advanced technology background
• Academic/Industry experience managing hydro-metallurgical extraction of Gold, Silver & precious materials
• 10 years’ global experience in engineering, design, technology & OEM selection
• Can manage project construction and operations of Precious Metal Refinery based on copper anode slime
• Experienced as Manager – Precious Metal Refinery for copper smelters
• 5 years’ experience in similar position or having worked with global Engineering companies as Manager for Copper /Nickel/Zinc projects in an EPC/EPCM mode
• Have primary level operational inspector certificate (POU) or qualifications certificate recognized by KaIT (Chief Mines Inspector)
• Experience managing project scopes in range of US$ 1 billion to 1.5 billion dollar project scopes
• Experience working with large Asian Precious Metal Refinery plants using hydro-metallurgical operations prefered
• Expertise in Process technology, engineering, operation, maintenance and past credentials to efficiently manage Precious Metal Refinery plants a pre-requisite for this position
• Expert in subcontract management, including project controls, configuration management, risk management, schedule and cost control
About the Company
For over 15 years Omni International Consultants has supplied high caliber personnel to the global Construction, Aviation, Banking, Logistics, IT, Hospitality, Healthcare, Oil/Gas & Manufacturing sectors.
We specialize in recruiting the highest quality, right-fit professional and have helped many candidates find their ideal opportunity.
Our Head Office is located in Bangkok, Thailand and we have 6 liaison offices located in the UK, Australia, UAE, India (Mumbai & Delhi) and Rayong, Thailand.