Job description / Role
• Lead the team to deliver Copper Smelter Plant Projects – construction and operation of copper flash smelters, Converters, copper Anode furnaces and casting operations and relevant field – in company operation area, including management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery.
• Establish design systems and database technology in the management and supervision of Smelter Plant projects.
• Provide advice and guidance to contractors, employees and consultants to ensure Company and corporate standards are applied and maintained.
• Make critical decisions of a process or cost nature by having external knowledge of the cost and availability of materials and contractors/manpower as they apply to project planning and execution.
• Establish the effective integration of diverse project construction in the Smelter plant area.
• Employ international best standards in planning and construction to meet project deadlines and keeping costs low and within budget.
• Effectively schedule and monitor work and take appropriate actions to avoid delays in supply or execution.
• Prepare appropriate reports and presentations for Senior Management and shareholders.
• Develop budgets and execute budget with a focus on cost control and utilization of Value Improving Practices.
• Undertake negotiation for budgets and financial plans with relevant groups and individuals in ways that build commitment to the plans.
• Review cost management issues and identify improvements.
• Manage Department’s Budget, identify issues, and propose improvements.
• Metallurgy or Mechanical Engineering or Process Operations background with relevant academic and industry experience, including working on pertinent software and at least 10 years’ experience in engineering, design, OEM selection and managing construction and operation of copper flash smelters, Converters, copper Anode furnaces and casting operations and relevant field.
• Has experiences as Senior Manager – Smelter Plant for copper smelters with at least 5years’ experience in similar position or having worked with global Engineering companies as Senior Manager for Copper /Nickel/Zinc projects in an EPC/EPCM mode
• Previous experience managing project scopes in the range of US$1billion-to-1.5-billion-dollar project scopes/budgets is required
• Candidate with prior experience in managing Asian smelters or other Indonesian origin copper concentrate will be an added advantage.
• Expertise in process technology, engineering, operations, maintenance and past credentials to cost effectively manage plants is a pre requisite for this position
• Knowledgeable on subcontract management, including project controls, configuration management, risk management, schedule and cost control
• Strong leadership and organizational, scheduling & time management skills
• Ability to work both independently and as a team player and thrive in a fast paced, high pressure environment dependent on managing project timelines and schedules simultaneously.
• Ability to communicate well, and work productively with internal and external individuals within the design, construction, and procurement
• Strong work ethic, high degree of professionalism with the ability to work with little supervision, handle multiple tasks in an organized manner, produce quality work and meet strict deadlines, good analytical, conflict resolution, sound decision making skills
• A commitment to safety and a desire to maintain our Indonesian Copper Smelter operations to world class international safety standards.
• You should also be able to clearly demonstrate previous results together with a pro-active commitment towards safety whilst having attained the teamwork and respect of local communities and adherence to relevant environmental standards
• Excellent communication skills in English both verbal and written and computer literate.
About the Company
For over 15 years Omni International Consultants has supplied high caliber personnel to the global Construction, Aviation, Banking, Logistics, IT, Hospitality, Healthcare, Oil/Gas & Manufacturing sectors.
We specialize in recruiting the highest quality, right-fit professional and have helped many candidates find their ideal opportunity.
Our Head Office is located in Bangkok, Thailand and we have 6 liaison offices located in the UK, Australia, UAE, India (Mumbai & Delhi) and Rayong, Thailand.