Job description / Role
• Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
• Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
• Ensure timely bank payments
• Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
• Audit financial transactions and documents
• Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
• Liaise with our Financial manager and Accounting manager to improve financial procedures
• Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
• Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
• Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
• Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
• Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
• Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
• Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
• Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
• Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
• Secures financial information by completing database backups.
• Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
• Prepares payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
• Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
• Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
• Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
• Maintains and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
USD 2500 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Accountant Qualifications / Skills:
• Corporate Finance
• Reporting Skills
• Attention to Detail
• Reporting Research Results
• SFAS Rules
• Time Management
• Data Entry Management
• General Math Skills
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in tax, accounting, or finance
• Additional certification (CPA or CMA) is a plus
• Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in accounting/finance
About the Company
Raban Al-Safina Group of Companies stands as one of the most prominent industrial organizations in Iraq work in different fields in power industry, oil & gas, systems technology, and many others.