Job description / Role
Our client is a leading power infrastructure developer and operator within the power industry including power generation, power plants, transmission & distribution. With their HQ based in Asia, they are involved in various power projects worldwide. They are currently seeking to recruit a CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER to be located in Iraq who has direct senior experience being part of a project financing team, with exposure to Tier 1 financing transactions. In particular large infrastructure projects, ie. IPP (Power Plants) and BOOT, (Build, Own, Operate, Transfer). Responsible to manage the Company’s Iraq finances, including financial planning (existing assets and future investments), management of financial risks, record-keeping, and financial reporting.
As a Key member of Iraq Leadership Team:
- Hiring, training and retaining skilled accounting and finance staff.
- Work closely with the Group CFO in Asia on all matters relating to the daily management of Company Iraq operations including but not limited to ensuring:-
- That accounting and finance policies and procedures and consistently aligned with Group standards and practices.
- That the accounting, controlling and finance functions of the Power Plant are well managed and implemented.
- That compliance with the Group policies and procedures are strictly enforced at all times.
- Oversight matters which includes internal audit, business risk assessment and strategic planning.
Overall in-charge of Insurance Management:
- Lead insurance matters and manage all relationships with insurance companies.
- Identify and manage business risks and insurance requirements.
Responsible for developing and maintaining Client stakeholder relationships:
Develop high level relationships with all the key lending institutions including:
- Trade Bank of Iraq
- Regional banks with cross-border lending appetite
- Commercial banks with operations in Iraq
- Export Credit Agencies
- Develop and maintain high calibre project investment briefs for both internal and external use.
- Manage and closely oversee the relationship with independent auditors and government tax authorities.
In-charge of HR functions:
- Lead all HR matters on the ground.
Candidates should have the following qualifications and professional skills:-
- Minimum 10 years’ progressive experience in finance, accounting or external audit roles, the last 3 years in senior leadership positions.
- Exposed working in Multinational companies or Big 4 audit firms.
- CPA is required, MBA preferred
- Strategical and Operational CFO
- Can engage well with Senior Managers and Group Officers
- Hands on and can work in a lean organisation
- High level of understanding in ERP operation
- Possess knowledge of GAAP and IFRS rules
- Strong in controlling and financial planning function
- MS tools
- The ideal candidate will have a strong background on operations, dealing specifically on power related projects.
- Preferably familiar with Engineering Western projects and standards, have work experience in the Middle East and strong Arabic and English language skills.
- Strong experience and very strategic with strong connections with banks and expert in sourcing of capital funding for the existing and future projects.
Applicants please forward your detailed CV as a Word Document attachment (not pdf), ensuring you include your relevant experience as above to Professional Management Resources Ltd with details of your current location and earliest availability.
About the Company
PMR is a British Engineering Recruitment Agency specialising in the provision of Professional Engineers to the Civil, Building Construction, Oil, Gas, Petrochemical and Power & Water Industries in the UK and Overseas, including EPC Project Managers, FEED Design, Construction Managers and Lead and Field Engineers of all disciplines, Safety, Quality, QS, Claims & Contracts personnel.
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
|Abu Dhabi||18 Mar|
CFO - Chief Financial Officer
Chief Financial Officer
Quest Search & Selection