Job description / Role
One of our client in port industry is seeking candidates as per the below criteria:
• Oversees all site engineering related activities and personnel in conjunction with the operations team.
• Deputizes for UQ Engineering Manager in his absence.
• Plans and directs installation, maintenance, testing, and repair of facilities and equipment.
• Manages Site(s) critical parts inventory .
• Plans, coordinates, and directs engineering project, organizes and assigns staff, and directs integration of technical activities with products.
• Manages engineering personnel and ensures that all works are being conducted in accordance with site and company safety procedures and regulations.
• Manages all relevant information necessary to compile regular comprehensive reports for the engineering manager, highlighting areas of concern where necessary.
• Responsible for the Performance Management of all team members
• Responsible for company CMMS system (SAP) for respective site ensuring all users comply with agreed procedures.
• Manages site(s) OPEX budget in line with approved annual spend.
• Drives Engineering Department KPI’s meeting benchmark criteria.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Ensures that all health and safety protocols are enforced and observed in all Company’s activities in order to protect the employees and the public.
• Complies with all applicable laws and relevant industry standards of practice and commits to the continuous improvement of HSE management practices.
• Provides strong visible commitment, leadership and personal involvement in health, safety and the environment and makes available the resources necessary to achieve our HSE objectives
• Job Rotation is 63 days on and 21 days off
USD 7500 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Accommodation, food, transportation, flights, medical, etc – all provided
• Educational Background: B.Sc./B.A. Degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
• Technical Qualification / Certification: ERP Systems
• Related Work Experience: Minimum of 10 years in Port Environment, Excellent Knowledge base on mobile port handling equipment, Past Management experience using CMMS (SAP), Project Management, KPI Management
Preference will be given to the western candidates.
About the Company
Tec Group International partners with organizations in different sectors to support their growth and development. Our core business is in the recruitment of highly specialized technical and operational personnel, usually at mid to senior level.
Additionally, we support the engagement of over 515 contractors worldwide as well as a number of executive search mandates.
Headquartered in London, we have progressed in 5 years from a single site business to a global operation. We have regional centres in London, Glasgow, Houston, Boston, Dubai and Qatar.
Our growth, despite progressive, has been modest and in-tune with our clients and their growth. We have 40 recruitment consultants and 11 support staff globally.