Job description / Role
Why the American University of Iraq – Baghdad?
The new American University of Iraq – Baghdad (AUIB) opened in Spring of 2021 and is now hiring for ELA Instructors for its English Language Academy. AUIB began as a dream of influential individuals in Iraqi and United States business, industry and government who want to see a world-class institution of higher learning established in the city, reminiscent of the days when Baghdad was an educational mecca and flourishing capital of the Muslim world. With an expansive library, palatial college buildings and student centers, state-of-the-art classrooms, laboratories, and athletic facilities, AUIB is a beautiful campus attracting students, faculty and staff from throughout the world. We invite you to join us in this exciting new venture.
We invite applications for ELA Instructors.
Reporting directly to the Director of the English Language Academy, the successful applicant(s) will be a motivated and dedicated educator with expertise in ESL instruction and experience working with international and multi-lingual learners. As part of a newly-established institute, the successful applicant(s) will develop curriculum and teach English courses within one of three programs: Academic Success Program, Corporate Training Program, or the Community Education Program.
Teaching Load: 20 hours per week
Administrative hours: 20 hours per week
This position will be responsible for:
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date academic records
• Lead a classroom of 15-20 students
• Teach 20 hours per week
• Administrative tasks, office hours for tutoring and class preparation 20 hours per week
• Plan, prepare, and deliver lessons to a range of classes and age groups
• Prepare and set tests, examination papers and exercises
• Mark and provide appropriate feedback on written work
• Conceptualize, create and produce new materials, including audio and visual resources
• Attend and contribute to faculty meeting and committees
• Native speakers of English or near-native proficiency
• Possess passport from the U.S., Canada, U.K., Australia, New Zealand, or South Africa
• 5+ years minimum of international teaching experience
• Must have exceptional skills in online teaching and use of LMS (Canvas)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to maintain professionalism with staff, faculty, and students at all times
• MA in a related field (Education, Applied Linguistics or Linguistics, TESOL, etc.) with 5+ years of experience is required
Procedure for Candidacy:
Applications should a curriculum vitae, current formal photo, and the names and contact information for three (3) previous HR directors as a references. Applications and nominations will be accepted until the position is filled. Confidential review of materials and screening of candidates will begin immediately.
About the Company
The American University of Iraq - Baghdad is a diverse and inclusive community of scholars dedicated to the mission of bringing a quality, American-style university education to the young people of Iraq and the larger region. AUIB does not discriminate in its hiring or admissions on the basis of race, creed, gender, or religious affiliation, but welcomes everyone to work and study here. All expatriate faculty and staff are provided accommodations on campus in private apartments.
Opening its doors in the Fall of 2020, AUIB is now hiring faculty in a number of positions for its Colleges of Arts & Sciences, Business, International Studies, and Health Sciences. AUIB began as a dream of influential individuals in Iraqi and United States business, industry, and government who want to see a world-class institution of higher learning established in Baghdad, reminiscent of the days when the capital city was an educational mecca and flourishing capital of the Muslim world. With a grand library, palatial college buildings and student centers, state-of-the-art classrooms, laboratories, and athletic facilities, AUIB will be a beautiful campus attracting students, faculty, and staff from throughout the world. We invite you to join us in this exciting new venture!
English Language Instructor
English Lecturer (Omani National)
Global Business Network (GlobNet)
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||6 Apr|