Job description / Role
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide onsite engineering support for MPD to the client.
• At the discretion of product line management (such as the Engineering Manager, Operations Manager, or their designee) will be responsible for working in the shop. This will include but not limited to green tagging, preparing, and/or assisting with shipping equipment to job site.
• Rig up, operate, monitor, and perform troubleshooting when necessary of the MPD equipment with no supervision from the Wellsite Supervisor, ensure all paperwork and HSE requirements are met and complied with. The Field Engineer III may be required to run the operations independently.
• Train and mentor crew members.
• Perform a job audit when required.
• Manage crew while on shift when required.
• Managing all aspects of project preparation and proposals for MPD wells.
• Support project engineers on Managed Pressure Drilling projects planning and execution tasks.
• Provide engineering for operations in the field and office when required.
• Lead a team in green tagging equipment, In Casing Tests and all documented procedures and technical work instructions for MPD.
• Support Hazid/Hazop, Drill a Well On Paper (DWOP) and well planning meetings.
• Keep track of lessons learned and apply the applications in subsequent operations.
• Support on preparing operating procedures in accordance to type of operation and optimize P&ID’s.
• Follow up in real time all regional MPD jobs and optimize overall performance. Contact WFT representative in the operations and optimize the MPD process if required by making calculations/recommendations based on well monitoring.Manage single phase and multiphase, steady state and transient, hydraulic simulators. Support operators with well balancing, surge/swab, torque and drag, directional drilling and casing running calculation when required.
• Support MPD Project Engineers of higher level on coordinating projects.
• Perform rig visit (onshore/offshore) and create the report and related flow process diagram and P&ID.
• Preparation and delivery of technical presentation, engineering studies, end of well reports, etc.
• Keep updated on other products and services from Weatherford that could help the client to optimize their drilling/completion process.
• Provide on-site specialized engineering support on project with MPD equipment and processes.
• Coordinate MPD projects in the field when required.
• Support and/or conduct Hazid/Hazop, Drill a Well On Paper (DWOP) and well planning meetings.
• Prepare operating procedures in accordance to type of operation and optimize P&ID’s.
• Keep constant communication with customers, updating them with our results.
• Write Real results, technical magazine articles and technical conference abstracts/papers.
• Required to complete the competency requirements identified by Global and Regional Management.
• Support our Health Safety and Environment policies. Safety Always - Rules to Live By.
• Must be eligible to apply or must have legal authorization to work on a full-time basis in the region.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field from an accredited University.
• Must be willing to travel to remote land and offshore work locations and possibly to other countries. Ability to travel internally in the region or globally if required attending meetings, customer office assignments or operations.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Experience running well planning software.
• Technical or operations experience with an operator in the field of drilling, completions, or reservoir.
• 2-4 years related work experience as a Field Engineer or equivalent.
• 10-15 wells exposure in onshore or offshore environment.
• Project Management experience with 2-4 projects.
About the Company
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 80 countries and has a network of approximately 700 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies