Job description / Role
General Manager - Iraq
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in over 60 cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here .
We are looking for a dynamic GM to launch and expand Careem in Iraq providing high quality services, social impact, and attracting exceptional talent. The person in this post has an opportunity to make a tremendous impact on the region and the trajectory of the company.
- Own the growth strategy for the market and lead its implementation
- Manage the product to best meet the evolving needs of the market
- Build deep relationships with key stakeholders, including regulators and suppliers
- Secure big partnerships that could change the game in the market
- Manage the P&L of the market and set/achieve ambitious targets
- Build and lead an aggressive, bold, and highly operational team
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative. He/she can think strategically one minute and roll-up his/her sleeves the next minute to excite drivers, turnaround upset customers, charm a partner CEO, and deliver outstanding growth.
Additional qualifications include:
- Experience in a leadership role at a dynamic organisation
- Target driven and ability to drive meeting of very aggressive targets
- Strong commercial sense, sharp problem solver and ability to get things done
- Strong business development and relationship building skills
- Experience working/living in the Iraq
- MBA from a leading business school
- Must have good written and spoken Arabic skills
You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction.
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Vice President - Operations Improvement & Strategy
NSI & Bluefin Talent