Job description / Role
• British International School in Kurdistan/Erbil, is seeking for the following teachers;
• English Teacher
• Biology Teacher
• Science Teacher (Chemistry Teacher, Physic Teacher)
• ICT Teacher
• Mathematic Teacher
• KG Teacher
• To plan, develop and deliver high quality lessons and courses within the broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated subject British Curriculum - IGCSE, AS, A LEVEL,AP, AND PEARSON, using a variety of approaches, to continually enhance learning and teaching.
• Prepare and deliver lessons to classes of different ages and abilities
• Mark work, give appropriate feedback and maintain records of pupils' progress and development
• Research new topic areas, maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge, and devise and write new curriculum materials
• Select and use a range of different learning resources and equipment, including podcasts and interactive whiteboards
• Prepare pupils for qualifications and external examinations
• Manage pupil behavior in the classroom and on school premises, and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehavior
• Undertake pastoral duties, such as taking on the role of form tutor, and supporting pupils on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties
• Communicate with parents and careers via e-school system over pupils' progress and participate in departmental meetings, parents' evenings and whole-school training events
• Liaise with other professionals, such as learning mentors, careers advisers, educational psychologists and education welfare officers
• Organise and participate in extracurricular activities, such as outings, social activities and sporting events
• Undergo regular observations and participate in regular in-service training as part of continuing professional development.
• Perform other duties and tasks as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree and teaching licenses in related field is required.
• Teaching certification and background check
• Previous experience in high school environment
• Oral and written communication skills
• Minimum of two years’ teaching experience
• Experience in a wide variety of educational techniques to instruct effectively
• Interested candidate send CV online.
About the Company
BISK aims to ensure that our students grow to become “Lifelong Learners.” We scaffold their development to help them become knowledgeable individuals who are principled, creative, open-minded, balanced, unique and most importantly, happy citizens.
BISK provides a rich British curriculum that promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, emotional and physical development of students at the school and prepares the students with the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences for later life.
BISK ensures that its students understand the Kurdish culture whilst educating them about other cultures through its global curriculum, which in turn helps to build tolerant and respectful young people.
BISK instills the values of honesty, respect, self confidence, equality and self control in its students through the lessons we teach in the classroom.
BISK provides an integrated education to its students, that is strong, and that has a well established base in physical, social and emotional aspects at an international level.
BISK students attain an internationally recognised qualifications that allows them to study further anywhere in the world. Our students can achieve a Cambridge certified IGCSE certificate or an A/S and A level certificate.
BISK creates opportunities for its students in the subjects of active learning, of thinking outside the box, creative thinking and acting independently. It creates a sense of belonging to the school, its traditions, and is oriented towards a mutually respectful environment.
BISK grows each year from strength to strength and evolves through time to ensure that the curriculum is current, relevant and up to date. We pride ourselves on the multicultural environment that we have at BISK.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
The Lazar Group
Worldteachers Recruitment Limited
Teacher (Primary, KG and Math)
CODA Talent LLC
School Principal / School Head Teacher
Al Shomoukh International School (SIS)