Instructor/Assistant/Associate Professor of Radiologic Science/Medical Imaging
Job description / Role
• Teaching courses in Radiologic Science/Medical Imaging
• Assisting in developing and teaching the curriculum of the College.
• Assisting in developing and teaching continuing education and post-graduate programs to develop the advanced skills of Radiologists and Radiographers.
• Applying a coherent teaching and learning strategy in the College.
• Assisting in preparing and managing the annual budget of the College.
• Developing a research program in the College.
• Contributing to the College practice and training facilities and support an environment that facilitates research and scholarly activity.
Candidates for this position must have:
• MD or PHD, highest professional qualification in Radiologic Science, Medical Imaging, or related field.
• Evidence of academic and research activities in the field.
• Demonstrated success in enhancing and advancing education, service, and research programs.
• Demonstrated success in securing private, corporate, and/or governmental support to advance the College's mission.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to listen and understand the needs of faculty, staff, and students; and the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external constituents.
• Solid understanding of Medical Imaging research and clinical practice, procedures, and scheduling.
• Demonstrated accomplishments in research and scholarship.
• Operational understanding of American university educational systems.
• Preferred experience working and living in the Middle East.
About the Company
AUIB is an American-style, nonprofit university located next to the Baghdad International Airport in Baghdad. This large-scale, multi-million dollar project is funded by Iraqi and U.S. donors, both public and private. The university opens for students on Jan. 17, 2021, with the College of Arts & Sciences, College of International Studies, and the College of Business. Eventually, there will be 10 colleges at the university, including a College of Medicine.