Job description / Role
Title: Instrument & Control Site Engineer
KBR is looking to fill a position of Instrument & Control Site Engineer (Iraq national only) for Rumaila Master Services Agreement project and to be based in Iraq, Basra
Rumaila is a giant oilfield situated in the Southeast of Iraq, in production from 1954.
A Technical Services Contract (TSC) came into effect on 17th December 2009: a JV (ROO - Rumaila Operating Organization) was formed between BP, CNPC and SOMO (State Oil Marketing Organization). The scope of the TSC covers the rehabilitation, appraisal and re-development of producing reservoirs as well as the appraisal and development of discovered but undeveloped reservoirs. The duration of the Contract first signed was 20 years, with an extension option of 5 years.
ROO has identified a number of key areas crucial for Rumaila to sustain and grow oil production:
- Produced water treatment and handling for re-injection
- Power supply and distribution field wide
- Oil/gas separation and flaring strategy
This project is a master services agreement for engineering and procurement services, with various scopes of work that are required to be performed to support ROO
Site Instrument & Control (Iraq national only) will conduct site activities in Rumaila oil & gas field as per project requirement for Small Project, Concept project and Engineering projects with the direct supervision of the Lead Engineer- Head office (Abu Dhabi). The Major activities will be performed as per HSE guidelines and project applicable standards in brown field projects with day-to-day oordination with operation and maintenance team of ROO- BP (client).
- Familiar with I&C equipment's used in Oil and Gas Facilities such as Field Instruments (Pressure, Level, Flow & Temperature Instruments), Actuated valves, Control and Safety Systems, etc.
- Experience in reading and interpreting P&IDs, Instrument Layout Drawings, Trench Routing
- Drawings, Control Room Layouts, Cabinet GA Drawings, Cabinet Wiring Drawings, Cause & Effect, Electrical SLDs, etc.
- Experience in carrying out Site Survey independently for Instrumentation & Control as per
- Scope of Work, gathering data of existing instruments, control room, existing trench details and field layouts. The data's/information's shall be captured in the form of markup in the existing drawing/documents, photographs, etc.
- Assessment of existing system by site survey and finalization of engineering solution with respect to scope of work.
- Capture still frame photographs of area surveyed and/or video record project area.
- Experience to prepare site survey report for the specified scope of work.
- Familiar with Hazardous Area Classification.
- Familiar with Permit to Work Process.
- Familiar with the HSE regulations, Fire Safety Rules, industrial safety requirements when performing works at a hazardous location.
- Ensuring all site activities are managed and performed according to the needs of the project, ensure all details & requirement are provided in timely manner.
- Design/ Detail Engineering Knowledge would be added advantage.
- Bachelor's Degree in Instrumentation Engineer with minimum 5 years' experience (or Diploma
- in Instrumentation with minimum 10 years' experience) of field engineering
- Proven track record in site activities for design support of consultancy environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Good knowledge in computer skills (PDF & Ms. Word, Excel).
- Knowledge of laws and regulations related to site activities.
- Self-motivated, hands-on critical thinker and problem solver.
- Relations with site project and O&M team.
- Country Geography and Demographics.
- Moderate knowledge of AutoCAD 2D and 3D.
About the Company
We deliver science, technology and engineering solutions to governments and companies around the world. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people performing diverse, complex and mission critical roles in 34 countries.
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long-term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.