Job description / Role
• Provides leadership to the IT &Telecom engineers and in conjunction with the Engineering Manager assigns priorities.
• Coordinates, supervises and checks the work of those IT &Telecom personnel assigned to projects under his/her direction.
• Review design for completeness and coherence in the discipline and with other disciplines.
• Identify potential errors, omissions or risks in the design basis and participate in preparation of design.
• Identify problems needing the involvement of specialists, define and organize required specialist involvement.
• Assess impact of proposed technical changes in the discipline.
• Review design and make recommendations for improvement.
• Review and / or issue design change notices for approval by engineering manager.
• Attends/Chair all design review events (HAZID, HAZOP, Peer Reviews, etc.) with Project Management team and Contractor as necessary.
• Assist in the development of technical solutions for areas of conflict or concern identified during design review.
• Sign documents as checked.
• Quality control of the Telecom & IT engineering.
• Support the project control to prepare plans and schedules.
• Analyzes and/or reviews the Telecom & IT discipline progress reports against the schedule and inform of any foreseeable delay.
• Coordination and Assists PMC and the contractor in developing/reviewing schedule corrective actions and recovery plans when progress slipping and ensures needed action plans are implemented.
• Provide Telecom & IT discipline progress report and contractor’s performance.
• Obtain from or through the Engineering Manager and/or the EPC Team Leaders all information relevant for the discipline.
• Responsible for coordination of interfaces with the other disciplines.
• Monitors Telecom & IT discipline material status reports against construction schedules and reviews them with project control, Contracts and Construction Groups.
• Prepare reply to technical and field queries.
• Assist site with technical advice upon request of site.
• To work at site under KEBL’s standard security policy.
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering in Telecommunication / Engineering.
• Over 10 years’ experience, 7 years in oil field, preferably experience in recent large oil fields projects in Iraq.
• Proven experience in oil and gas industry.
• Working in hardship situation.
• Previous experience in a large intercultural environment is preferred.
About the Company
United Energy Pakistan (UEP) is Pakistan’s leading foreign exploration and production company. UEP is a subsidiary of the United Energy Group (UEG), an international energy company. UEG is listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and has operations in Pakistan, Iraq and Egypt.
UEP’s history dates back more than four decades, and the business has witnessed a change in ownership a number of times from UTP to ARCO and subsequently BP. In 2011, UEG acquired control of this asset from BP, ushering in a new era of growth for the company. Backed by UEG’s technical and financial support, UEP has emerged as the leading foreign producer and investor in Pakistan’s upstream oil and gas sector.
UEP’s parent company has also invested in the renewable energy sector. UEPW owns and operates a 99 MW wind energy project in the Jhimpir wind corridor of the Sindh province.
IT Helpdesk Manager
IT Support Officer
RTC-1 Employment Services
System Technician / Administrator
IT Support Specialist
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||14 Dec|