Job description / Role
LUKOIL Mid-East (West Qurna -2 Project) is currently searching the Iraqi national candidate to occupy Legal Counsel.
Location: West Qurna-2, Basra, Iraq
Work Schedule: 5/2
- Legal review of contracts and deeds (EPC, supply, services, guarantee etc.);
- Preparation of claims, replies to claims and settlements under executed contracts;
- Preparation of legal opinions concerning T&C of executed contracts;
- Analysis of Iraqi legislation (civil, labour, mining, etc.), preparation of legal opinions;
- Examination and development of corporate normative acts;
- Legal due diligence of tender bids
- English language – Upper-Intermediate. Advanced is preferable.
- Occupational work experience - not less than 5 years, 2 years in oil and gas company.
- Work experience in international oil and gas companies will be a plus.
- Knowledge of specific of contracts under English law.
- Knowledge of oil and gas industry standards in contracts
- Vast knowledge of Iraqi law
About the Company
LUKOIL is one of the world’s leading vertically integrated oil & gas companies. Main activities of the Company are exploration and production of oil & gas, production of petroleum products and petrochemicals, and marketing of these outputs. Most of the Company's exploration and production activity is located in Russia, and its main resource base is in Western Siberia.
LUKOIL owns modern refineries, gas processing and petrochemical plants located in Russia, Eastern and Western Europe, near-abroad countries. Most of the Company's production is sold on the international market. LUKOIL petroleum products are sold in Russia, Eastern and Western Europe, near-abroad countries and the USA.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies