Job description / Role
Why the American University of Iraq – Baghdad?
Opening its doors in the Fall of 2020, the new American University of Iraq – Baghdad (AUIB) began as a dream of influential individuals in Iraqi and the United States business, industry and government who want to see a world-class institution of higher learning established in the city, reminiscent of the days when Baghdad was an educational mecca and flourishing capital of the Muslim world. With a great library, palatial college buildings and student centers, state-of-the-art classrooms, laboratories, and athletic facilities, AUIB will be a beautiful campus attracting students, faculty, and staff from throughout the world. We invite you to join us in this exciting new venture.
We invite applications for the position of: Marketing Coordinator
The Marketing Coordinator will work side-by-side with the Graphic Designer and Events Officer under the Director of Communications and Marketing to develop channel marketing strategies; manage promotional activities; coordinate design, production and distribution of marketing materials, advertising, catalogues, and other promotional materials; organize attendance at exhibitions and tradeshows; develop and implement social media outreach strategies; and prepare promotional reports.
This position will:
- Provide support and contribute to the planning and development of marketing and communications campaigns, promotions and activities.
- Manage graphic designs and events.
- Assist in the design, development and implementation of University marketing collateral; oversee the production of printed promotional materials and management needs, including publications.
- Assist in the coordination of marketing-related events and activities and undertake projects as required.
- Plan, implement and manage events.
- Regularly review and investigate opportunities to improve internal and external communication activities to ensure target audiences are effectively reached.
- Supervise Graphic Designer and Events Coordinator.
- Provide leadership and direction in the development, implementation, and monitoring of the strategic marketing plan for the University.
- Design, write, and oversee the production of printed promotional materials including catalogs, brochures, flyers, and program and media guides; design layouts and prepare copy.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range marketing goals, objectives, policies, and procedures for the University; evaluate program effectiveness and effect changes required for improvement.
- Develop and manage annual marketing budgets for the organization, regularly monitor expenditures; prepare summary assessments and reports.
- Conduct market research and analysis and establish data management and tracking systems to improve the University's marketing efforts.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Native Arabic and/or English with professional fluency in the other language. Strong Kurdish in addition will be viewed favorably.
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in marketing) or equivalent work experience.
- At least two (2) years of marketing experience working in the higher education sector, international NGO, or diplomatic organization.
- Demonstrated marketing experience across the different verticals, specifically coordinating promotional material, graphic design, and event coordination.
- High-level office skills, including demonstrated expertise in word processing, spreadsheets, computerized presentations, and web-based research. (Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft software, including Word, Excel and graphic and design software – Adobe CS Suite skills InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop).
Understanding of the compliance environment in which the College operates and the ability to exercise confidentiality and discretion.
- Demonstrated organizational, project management, and administrative skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks and maintain a work in progress.
- Sharp eye for detail with superior written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to liaise with management, staff, and external agencies as well as establish and maintain effective professional relationships.
- Proven ability to work both independently and as a team and multi-task in a busy environment.
About the Company
The American University of Iraq - Baghdad is a diverse and inclusive community of scholars dedicated to the mission of bringing a quality, American-style university education to the young people of Iraq and the larger region. AUIB does not discriminate in its hiring or admissions on the basis of race, creed, gender, or religious affiliation, but welcomes everyone to work and study here. All expatriate faculty and staff are provided accommodations on campus in private apartments.
Opening its doors in the Fall of 2020, AUIB is now hiring faculty in a number of positions for its Colleges of Arts & Sciences, Business, International Studies, and Health Sciences. AUIB began as a dream of influential individuals in Iraqi and United States business, industry, and government who want to see a world-class institution of higher learning established in Baghdad, reminiscent of the days when the capital city was an educational mecca and flourishing capital of the Muslim world. With a grand library, palatial college buildings and student centers, state-of-the-art classrooms, laboratories, and athletic facilities, AUIB will be a beautiful campus attracting students, faculty, and staff from throughout the world. We invite you to join us in this exciting new venture!
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||14 Sep|
Sales & Marketing Coordinator
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Big Fish Recruitment
Muscat Waves Consultancy
Assistant Brand Manager
Nestle Middle East