Job description / Role
Maintaining our reputation as a leading worldwide professional service organisation requires a highly skilled, knowledgeable, energetic team to manage our internal business functions. As a part of this diverse and talented group of individuals, you’ll play a vital role in EY’s success.
This role is responsible for the hospitality services and facilities management of the office on a day-to-day basis, delivering consistent, seamless and efficient support in a timely manner. This role is also involved in arranging and catering for in office meetings, events and activities.
Your key responsibilities
• Portray a professional image at all times by providing a courteous service
• General upkeep of office cleanliness, neatness and arrangements
• Ensure the pantry is clean and dishes are washed periodically
• Ensure trash is cleaned out after breakfast, lunch or any other event to avoid bad smells and odour’s
• Carry out periodical checks on all visiting areas/meeting rooms, ensuring they are clean and tidy at all times
• Prepare refreshments (tea, coffee, water, biscuits, etc.) for client meetings and executive visits
• Available to receive and deal with external vendors (office/kitchen supplies, etc. ) during delivery times
• Ensure main entrances to the office are closed after official working hours
• Ensure electricity is switched off after official working hours
• Assist with other administrative support duties in the office as requested and when workload permits
• Ability to work overtime and/or during weekends, as required, to attend to office emergencies; fixtures and time critical facility issues
• Liaising with building maintenance and external vendor on office fixtures
• Managing administrative activities involving maintenance and repairs of simple office equipment and appliances
Skills and attributes for success
• Highly motivated work ethic, with the ability to recognize when a job needs to be done and the capability to do it completely, assuming responsibility for total quality
• Ability to handle administrative duties and day-to-day issues independently, assuming responsibility without direct supervision
• Ability to cope with a role that involves the transactional and operational as well as bigger picture thinking
To qualify for the role you must have
• A minimum of 1-3 of related work experience
• A high school diploma
• Exceptional customer service skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Computer literacy, familiar with MS office package
• The ability to manage an unpredictable workload
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognised for the value you bring to the business. We also offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.